New type of Fuel

Maybe for tanks,helicopters,planes etc. ,a cool feature will be adding a new fuel called ‘‘Jetfuel’’. In real life, it is used in those vehicles and it could be used in Unturned as well, as it is easy to get fuel for helicopter and fly everywhere, but with a rare type of fuel maybe found only in Military locations it will challenge players, not to use helicopters for only flying around, but also for emergency situations,base raiding etc.

15 Likes

I think it’s a great idea. In addition to increasing realism, as helicopters do not fly with gasoline, it also makes the game more challenging.
But I think it would be interesting also if there were several types of fuels like Diesel for Trucks.

3 Likes

I have a feeling this was mentioned before, but since I cant remember exactly, I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt.

This is a very good idea which will limit the overusage of Military ‘super’ vehicles using regular fuel which makes regular civ vehicles useless. However, with this idea, even with the possession of a military ‘super’ vehicle, players will be forced to keep using the civ vehicles and keep the super vehicles only for raids or emergencies since its fuel would supposedly be scarce

8 Likes

This was mentioned before, but yeah, I think this would be a great way to balance military ''super-vehicles"

1 Like

I though of it since I was interested in the tank T-34 and I checked if helicopters use jetfuel as well.

Yes. Good :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Maybe the player could somehow upgrade the “normal” fuel, if they had some kind of skill related to chemistry.
And maybe that fuel could be used for making some kinds of very strong bombs?

3 Likes

I think there should be three types of vehicle fuels, gasoline, diesel, and kerosene. Gas is used for regular cars and vans, diesel is used for larger vehicles such as trucks, and kerosene is used in aircraft and certain tank engines.

The way I see it, gasoline would be the easiest to obtain, diesel the most efficient, and kerosene the most useful (you can mix it with diesel to prevent fuel from gelling, and burn it in engines, lamps, and stoves).

2 Likes

That would make it so that planes cant just stop at a city and fuel up soo i agree since this adds more of a survival aspect, then again the Gas Digger thing (i forgot what its called) Might have 3 varietys or it might just be removed if this was ever added

1 Like

That pretty much covers liquid fuels but you forgot to mention napalm there should probably be atleast one type of

gaseous fuel

as a representation of propane, butane, methane, natural gas, biogas, LP gas, and/or green gas (I don’t personally see the need to differentiate between any of these terms in-game) which is less commonly used to power vehicles, but is also used to power appliances and pneumatics.

and a variety of

solid fuels

such as paper, wood, charcoal, coal, and peat, only a small portion of which might power old trains or boats, but all of them can be used to fuel campfires and stoves

1 Like

soo… Chemical Warfare? Jking plz no hurt me

1 Like

I would say that dung can burn, but that’s probably a little bit too over the top.

1 Like

Yes, exactly and the digger thing is called ‘‘pumpjack’’ ,which just as you said (if I understood correctly) it could have like 3 percentage bars, that are diffrent types of fuel.

I think it would not be interesting to collect the ready-made fuel, in fact, it would be better if we get the crude oil and then refine it for gasoline or diesel, for example.

2 Likes

Great suggestion. It would make maintaining powerful aircrafts challanging, before I say anything else I think that small aircraft such as the “Sandpiper” should still use regular gasoline.

I also think that compared to 3.0, the military aircrafts should use gas more slowly, and by slowly I mean it holds more fuel, so you need a while to replenish it but it doesnt empty out quickly. So you dont have to keep coming back to the military base every 15 minutes to replenish your canisters, but still having to visit it every now and then if you want to use your aircrafts.

1 Like

Wow, a suggestion this simple I haven’t thought of to balance vehicles.

A thumbs up for this

4 Likes

i suggested this in a “refining oil” post. There should be oil kilns that can be built, and you get the crude oil from the ground and refine it in an oil kiln.

3 Likes

Can expand this idea.
For example, a gasoline car is easier to blow up than on a diesel

And so the idea is super :slight_smile:

1 Like

Simple, doesn’t lean too far into extreme realism, and helps balance vehicles.
Good suggestion, hardly come across those anymore.

3 Likes

I’ve made this same suggestion over a year ago, but I went into more detail and people picked apart the details of my posts or went on tangents and then forgot about it.
Edit: Looking back at those old posts, they really deserved to be picked apart.

1 Like