New way to distract the Turned: Sound

I got the idea when looking at this, so it deserves some credit.

Speakers
Using whatever power system there will be, you should be able to place large, medium, and small speakers. Say the Turned are in a horde and coming for your base, or whatever may be, you can activate the speakers. They would be specially designed by Military, Special Forces, and Scorpion 7 (if it will exists, and I hope it will. Name is legit). The speakers would also be found in these locations.

Noisemakers

There should be hand-held noisemakers. Air raid sirens work great, and should be found in military bases. This is also useful for role-players. “WE GOT CHOPPERS INCOMING” air raid siren

There should also be a special forces item that attracts zombies extremely well.

All noisemakers should be able to be picked up and recharged, but will have durability like everything else.

What do you think?
Also you could put this in 3.0 cough cough just make a flare that doesn’t emit light but does the same thing COUGH COUGH

3 Likes

3.x mechanics but on steroids…

Seems cool for me. I’ve seen plenty of comments suggesting noisy devices for attracting hordes.

1 Like

I’d imagine flashbangs being excellent for this, since they’re literally designed to be loud and bright.

Also, if this suggestion cleanly accompanies other more conventional distraction methods like car alarms, window breaking, and flares, then I’m all for it.

2 Likes

Maybe you could use a boombox or a wind up kitchen timer.

1 Like

I could imagine a scenario where if you run behind a wall and the speakers start playing then the zombies will lose ‘sight’ of you and head towards the source. Otherwise (if you are clearly out in the open or in within their range) they would still follow you.

I’ll call this the Hiding mechanic. This opens many possibilities for labyrinth/maze-type of locations in which special hiding places are strewn about (e.g. a simple barrel in the corner where you could simply duck behind). This will make Hiding a key factor in exploring certain areas, and should help to escape pesky hordes should the situation go out of control. The only downside I can think of for this is it slows down the pace of looting an area, where sprinting through and frantically collecting items is more favored in most cases, but I personally think it just adds a bit to the game.

Imagine a megaphone on someone. Hearing your buddy bellowing the biggest “YEET” onto the Noisemaker would be the biggest distraction to save your squad.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.