Night time should be extremely dark. like pitch black

ok have fun with literally everybody using gamma boosters :yawning_face:

Guys donā€™t even bother, let him be

1 Like

Well, everything but the sky looks pitch-black to me in its current state.

Honestly, best way to do this is to have everything pitch black, but do what Outlast does, which is allowing the player to faintly see things right next to him.
You can walk along a wall to get a general idea of where youā€™re going.

Here is an example.
Granted, heā€™s a speedrunner, so he know where heā€™s going, but you can see how he hugs walls every now and then to get an idea of where heā€™s going.

The strategic element of hiding in the dark is still present, but people can opt to go navigate slow while hidden; or expose themselves with a light source, but navigate quicker.
If you absolutely canā€™t navigate with a light source, you can still do it with the small-range visibility.

I donā€™t think fog should be present, so the only thing left is for Nelson to figure out how to make gamma abusing obsolete, while still having a pitch-black night.

2 Likes

I thought you said making things pitch black is going to prevent gamma boosting.

4 people tell you ā€œNo I donā€™t like your ideaā€ and you go ā€œYouā€™re wrong, itā€™s realisticā€, so they tell you ā€œBut realism isnā€™t always funā€, and you respond with ā€œNope, go outside, look how dark it isā€. Extrapolate this to every topic you make. You just have to accept that some people donā€™t like your idea.

Hey, I like your idea, I think pitch black nights give atmosphere to the game, even if itā€™s annoying because of zombies. Iā€™m sure there are many others who like your idea but they argue with you just because of how rude you are.

Iā€™m not trying to give you life advice but this is childish.

2 Likes

then let the server owners have a choice to have it pitch black. default is visible at night for the pople who like when everybody gama boosts,

and then servers where you cant see at night for servers for better and more competitive players.

i just watched the uii night cycle you linked and it looks pitch fucking black

how dark do you need it to go??

2 Likes

this reminds me of escape from unturnov where i donā€™t get to play when its nighttime

2 Likes

Still feel like youre coming off as a douche, cause youre labeling people who dont want to deal with pitch black bullshit as a "normie who likes ā€˜gamma boostingā€™ " and labeling the people who do like pitch black darkness as ā€œthe gigachad gamersā€.

3 Likes

Calls people who dissagree with him a "Casual player who likes ā€˜gamma boostingā€™ "
Gets called out for the 626248572nd time for acting childish and douchey
ā€œdont be so soft broā€

5 Likes

4 Likes

me when i compare a call of duty match to a multi million dollar golf tournament

I donā€™t think heā€™s offended, heā€™s just stating the facts
which the facts are true since you can go through this entire thread to prove the points he made

you bring up a raid a lot in this thread
which is making me think your only suggesting this because your base was raided at night lmao

again heā€™s not offended
heā€™s just stating what you called people in this topic

2 Likes

havnet played unturned in weeks

Why do you even care so much about pitch black nights though?

1 Like

i dont want gamma boosting to be a thing.

Thereā€™s nothing you can do to preventing other people from doing what they want.

I mean, I donā€™t want hacking to be a thing, doesnā€™t mean people just stop hacking.

4 Likes

mate i dont wanna walk around in a circle for 10 minutes untill the sun rises

and i never said i supported gamma boosting?
can you show me where i said this?

3 Likes

adapt. then u wont get lost