Nolsen, help

Get some lower poly art style. less detail. please, .i don’t need higher poly models. I need more features. screw the ultra HD gun part. do you play half-life with HD textures? exactly nelson. nobody asked for it. nelson, I beg of you, don’t screw this up. put a focus on survival mechanics instead of gunplay. we all know the chainsaw is op against zombies anyway. I want to see editor features and proper ai, not rounded bevels on guns. screw the bevels and the circles, I came for rectangles and octagons with sharp angles. I don’t need the bevels, nelson. I need the features, like physical damage (holes) in buildables. I want to be able to flatten lant, nelson. I want to grow wheat fields, nelson. I want to lay out roads, nelson. I don’t need more guns, nelson. I need a can opener or a bike pump. Nelson, I don’t want the gunplay. screw PVP. if bases had a point besides item storage, then I’d need one. but nope, I don’t need to have shelter at night, I have a chainsaw. I can just eat and scavenge and get bored and leave. think nelson. give us a reason to build a base besides PVP. give us a reason to defend besides PVP. perhaps zombies wonder at night. perhaps zombies can wield chainsaws. perhaps there are wolves out looking for food at night waiting to feast upon your flesh in the dead darkness. perhaps rabbits gobble up your crops unless you can build a greenhouse. seriously. keep the same or a similar art style and just give us features. for instance, the ability to make NPCs in-game, or building assets ingame. basically, fuck this emphasis on gunplay. all I asked for was better cars, better-balanced weapon set, better clothes, less PVP, a good editor, and better buildables. but nope, more gunplay, and bevels. if I wanted bevels, I’d go on fucking 2012 Roblox. that’s right nelson. Roblox. don’t ruin this as Roblox ruined themselves. you remember how shit it was when every other update some shit would be broken. don’t be like that. make a good survival game. survival game. let that sink in. let it sink out. let the bike pump get water out of the toilet, or gas from a car. let me stab the gas tank in your car and steal your fuel, then slash your tires and smash your windows and steal your radio and car battery, not shoot you in a fancy way. don’t get me wrong, gunplay is important, but I’d say that the survival aspect is what should come first. your game needs to retain some of the original values. sure, your old guns looked stupid, but that doesn’t mean ultra-realistic high detail is the next step to making the game better. no, this is, minus the screws and bevels of coarse: link to the model below

Nelson, I’d only do screw details where very large bolts go. I’d never go ultra-thin details on props such as buildings, and I’d only use sharp edges. also, why are map descriptions centered around how far the place is from Canada? I get it, I love Canada too, hell, my mum is from Canada. unless it’s a very obvious part of the lore, as obvious as it gets, then nobody is going to understand it. why do I care how far Greece is from Canada, I’m in Greece! also, cars suck. none of your cars are street legal. why are the wheels not guarded? why are all the seats individual instead of only the front seats being individual? where’s the glove compartment? radio? gear shifting penis thing? I need answers, Karen. I want to throw a duffle bag in the trunk, Karen. I want to listen to comedy radio nelson. I want to stop my car in the middle of the road because the thing is, infact, actually dented and I found something better. and no, I don’t want the shitty physics included, unless it only comes with a car launcher joke item. it does suck that the demos you released aren’t yet public, so I have little to go by besides what footage I can get. but what I have seen so far is good acting but bad looks with an undetermined future. I want to help nelson, not detour you from this amazing game. the game has served me well, and now I want to somehow return that in some way. but just remember, play it safe, don’t go too far, and let’s make unturned great again.

2 Likes

Part of making a better game is making the graphics better. If something has a lot of good features, but gives you a headache because pf how ass it looks, then that doesnt make ot any better. What’s the difference between u3 and uII of they look exactly the same? “Oh well i can see through a bullet hole in a fence.” Bruh, of you want bad graphics and holes on fences go play roblox.

Why are you against the higher detail? It really isnt that hoygh in the first place. You implied that he wont add new features, but that doesnt make any sense. Why would nelson only put a few things in (for example 3 guns and call it a day?). You made it sound like you can only have high graphics and no features or low graphics and lots of features. Nelson is doing both.

25 Likes

Your topic is so messy lol. Also check the UII Trello some time.

Unturned II guns look like this.

16 Likes

Blah blah blah your needs.

7 Likes

I don’t agree with you because It’s going to have more features.

Btw I think this is a joke.
(or not idk)

4 Likes

I’ll be taking a shot everytime you said nelson. Wish me luck.
Basically what other people said. Closest thing that comes into my is that we might have model details as a graphical option, duh.

Jokes on you, btw. I wanted unturned to have more detailed models!

20 Likes

Let me try to break down this post

The developer has been consistently upgrading the model’s poly count since the very beginning of Unturned. Check out Unturned v1.0, 2.0 and 3.0. The poly count and details have been increased SLIGHTLY, but enough to be considered low poly. If you check out the models of UII (Even the outdated/obsolete models), the detail is a small upgrade to 3.0 but still low poly. What I mean is that the guns still don’t take much time to make individually.

Not only is it visually appealing, it also helps modders to be consistent with the artstyle by pushing the standard far enough that models made by amateurs, experienced or those going a little too far with the poly count are still fitting in the game.

It is also likely the low graphic options would remove certain parts of models so you don’t get too fussed over it.

Also, please try to explain your suggestion rather than explain your personal needs (Emphasis on your usage of ‘I’)

Nelson knows his priorities. Gunplay came earlier because it was easier to implement and at the same time still appealing to fans. Just putting in survival firstly is not only boring but provides no basic platform to work on.

Again, try to explain your suggestion. It sounds like you want to envision the development process yourself with no clear direction based on personal preferences.

I don’t think baseless zombie suggestions isn’t going to give out anything.

What’s your reason to stick to the same 3.0 artstyle in a game that is officially going to be a sequel to Unturned? Why do you refuse to let the game evolve?

You also assume he’s only working on gunplay and modelling. You’re forgetting he’s still on the early stage of development, and you only care for your own personal needs.

He is making a survival game. The current development implementations are just the first steps. You’re asking too much of him in a short amount of time.

You’re still blind over the increase in poly count. He is CONSISTENTLY upgrading the modelling style that they are still low poly and fits Unturned. That model you linked is way far from the style of the new Eaglefire.

You’re not appreciating one of Unturned great aspects: Gags and humor. Ever wondered why there are washing machines on the road possessing Russian weaponry? The official map descriptions is one of the many gags.

Why must the vehicles be ultra realistic? What’s the point? Does it make gameplay any better, is it worth implementing it?

To summarise this, you are attempting to detour his game with baseless, randomly-thrown ideas or picks that has zero direction or purpose. We should help Nelson with a steady process of suggestions, feedback of his showcased work and support in his endavours. What we shouldn’t do is nag him what should be added, done or removed without going through why it should happen or what the issues are that should be addressed.

I apologise if I come off as too harsh, but I found your post a bit astounding. Perhaps when we are near the end of the year then maybe we can see how the current build goes for Unturned as a survival game in beta stage?

28 Likes

And it will put less imitations on guns. Meloca and I tried to model the stg 44, but its receiver is so thin and oddly shaped that in the style of unturned, it would look bad. So unturned 4’s model detail will help make things easier.

3 Likes

Splish splash your opinion is trash
I dont mean to insult you but look around you everyone likes the direction unturned 2 is going and you are asking for some quite big changes in the opposite direction and those arent going to happen
Plus i think you will actualy enjoy the game when it comes out

6 Likes

did you survive?

:sob:

7 Likes

rip

1 Like

This idiot has the audacity to tell Nelson how to do his job and fully complete the game now instead of making these little demos since he obviously has no idea how game development works and doesn’t even know what a shifter is? Or is he trying to add some useless comedy and humor to his post to make himself seem goofy and likeable? And yet he doesn’t even understand the game’s own comedy? (Like the map names based off the location relative to Canada) I was going to make a big post like everyone else but honestly i find this guy too stupid and toxic to talk to.

13 Likes

@centerman12346 Just read and watch this, maby then you will understand where nelson is going with Ull.

The Trellos with a lot of info and ideas of where Nelson wants to take Ull
Unturned 4.x wishlist
Unturned ll Roadmap

All of the Devlogs, starting with the first one
Devlog #001

The live interviewes with Nelson hosted by @Zoom_B

4 Likes

Improved graphics are always good. I dont see why anyone would complain about a nicer enviornment except if they have limitations so they think everybody else should too.

And you have to realise that PVP will still be a big aspect of the game so it has to be worked on… 3.0 lacked survival features, thats why it was so pvp orianted, not because it “had PVP”

You cant have a proper multiplayer survival game without PVP, its going to be still be in the game, worked on, but because of all of the other gameplay elements, unturned II will not be a deathmatch game like 3.0

3 Likes

Unturned II has a good graphical style, I do not know why you’re so annoyed with that, if it’s any doubt about performance Nelson is working on the graphical options and game code to have a well optimized game, although it takes a while for the optimization to be complete,set in the low graphics

1 Like

stop guys he’s already fucking dead

I do hope OP replies, because I’m curious to see if any of these responses have changed their mind or not.

2 Likes

all I have to say is that the charater should be upgraded too, as Everything else in the game gets upgraded also :stuck_out_tongue:

thank youuu :smiley:

…what the fuck are you on about?

5 Likes

There’s also github and some interviews with some other people.

2 Likes