NPC Quest expansion

Hello all.

What's this about?

As you may or may not know. NPC quests in this game are either “Go kill 10 of these”, “Fetch me beans” or “Get this custom object and clear out some hordes”. Which might be good for 95% of the people, but in my honest opinion? It’s too one-dimensional.

Now, if you’re that type of person that did nothing but PVP or Roleplay all day, this suggestion would be somewhat useless. And I agreed on that behalf. It is not necessary. And shouldn’t be the first priority. (Unlike Third-person… Oops, I just made some fire.)

But, I think it should be a feature non-the-less. So at least it would make a singleplayer (Or even multiplayer) experiences with NPCs more enjoyable.

I’d keep it simple. I think these “expansion” should be added.
(I’m not exactly good at making NPC myself, so I’m just tossing words around to make it looks formal enough.)

Types of codes

Player_Arrival

This is for those quests that involve “Go to point A” thing. Now this in itself is nothing new. But it’s certainly better than clearing out an entire horde to “Explore Point A”

Condition_#_Player_Nav #

This indicated that if a player loads up a certain Navigation node. It would check out this.

Condition_#_Player_Node #

Works similarly to the first one, but this one uses a specific Devkit Node to be triggered, (Also, I think this type of node should have it’s own ID in the inspector.) mixed with the first one and you got yourself some decent “Check point A” quests.

Kill_Zombie_With

This one isn’t exactly important. But it’s for those that wants to do “You get this gun, try it out, see if it works” type of quest. Again, not exactly important. But not bad to have.

Kill_Zombie_With #

Tells you the ID of the weapon that it must be use. (Must be identified as “Gun” “Melee”, “Throwable” or even “Vehicle”.)

Interactability Quest

This one isn’t about the NPC itself, it’s more for the custom quest objects. Confused?

Normally, you’d need to to get the quest first, then find the object. And “bring” it back. This one however, tells to Object to “triggered” either a dialogue for the selected NPCs, or another custom quest object.

So now you could find the object. Inspect it. (It could pair up with “Interactability Note”, or such.) and talk to a specific NPC to get a specific dialogue. Which is up to the creator themselves to either give player a quest, or some more dialogues.

Or it could simply be linked up to another custom quest object. Making it more complex in a way.

Interactability Quest

Tells that this object can triggered certain dialogue or another quest object.

Interactability_Quest_Dialogue #

Simply tells it to triggered this dialogue.

Interactability_Quest_Object #

Tells it to make object # appears.

Interactability_Quest_When_Powered

Like the first one. But this one need to be powered to work.

That is all.

9 Likes

I don’t know how codes work but I like it c:

You might not be good at making NPCs but sure sound like one :wink: nice ideas anyways

Also, I wanted to point out that I didn’t included all of the codes. (Especially “Flags” ones.) Because that would be too much for a single thread.

Your mentioned intractability idea is already possible, from what I understand.

All it would require is to make it when interacting with the object a flag changes, but its presence doesn’t change.

Spyjack’s ToT has an example of this with the class selection.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.