Official servers will suck

I sincerely hope they won’t be subscription-based. I thought that ended with runescape back in the 1500s.

If they’re subscription-based I reckon that’d attract more toxic and competitive people.
(does Steam even support subscription-based stuff within games?)

Why would servers that have a buy in mechanic (aka most likely a one time purchased server pass) be more chaotic than servers that involve no investment?

If you are literally paying money to access these servers in the first place, why would you want to get kicked off of them or cause chaos?

Either way, quit the assumptions with no valid evidence behind them. It’s doing no one any favors and reminds me of a certain previous topic that was largely the same - baseless statements on why official servers will be bad with nothing to back them up.

1 Like

Because they’ll be very popular servers, and the most populated servers in the game. The other servers probably won’t because they’ll be less populated/well known, so when the game’s in its early stages people will buy the server access to play a major part of the game, because there won’t be as many good, popular or well-known servers to play for a good while after the game is up.

1 Like

i strongly disagree
<3

1 Like

The most important thing here, is that stuttgart_flugart has made a claim,

but has provided no evidence to support it. Which is why people are left refuting his points by saying things like:

The burden of evidence is on the claimant. Meaning if anyone’s opinion should be changed, or Stuttgart’s opinion considered he needs to provide evidence. Which looking through his post he shows none.

All of these claims are just assumptions. Completely unsubstantiated by even the tiniest bit of evidence.

Nothing will come from this thread because the original post has no meat to it.

When someone makes a sweeping claim with no evidence, it is perfectly appropriate and honestly good for a community to brush it off. Indulging in flame wars with circular logic and no progress is frustrating and unproductive.

What is your reasoning for this? What if there is only one official servers, certainly we can fill it then. The volume of the official servers will certainly be scaled appropriately to keep the servers properly populated. I really don’t understand any of the “fears” or complaints with official servers being that they haven’t been released, specified, or even outlined. I think unless you are making a suggestion for how the servers should be run, complaining about a fictional server is a huge waste of time.

7 Likes

Something like that. But free so much people come on and find all the glitches

1 Like

My reasoning here is that Official servers are unlikely to be able to have a significantly different experience worth paying for over community-run servers, besides maybe a lack of ads, nothing is for certain. Why would anyone play on a server where they have to pay, over a server that is free? Assuming most players don’t play on these servers for those reasons, then why would anyone with the pass play on relatively empty servers?

My only concern besides continued funding is what official servers will offer that can’t be found on community servers. Most people seem to be fine with putting up with stuff like RocketMod, 2x-5x Loot, and probably advertisements.

+1

2 Likes

You are right about official servers not offering anything a community server can’t offer. However, I believe the reason people wanted Official servers and likely the reason Nelson currently is of the opinion of providing them is that Official servers offer a consistent experience. You know precisely what you are getting on an official server, vanilla, no admin abuse, good up-time, longevity of the server, and the “real” Unturned experience.

I believe that has some value, whether that value is enough to attract a substantial amount of people has yet to be seen. The Unturned audience has been shown to not care for Vanilla servers, so perhaps you are right.

9 Likes

Official servers will preserve the true multiplayer experience for UII. Im excited to see what THAT will look like lmao.

3 Likes

Bruh (char)

1 Like

Official server can show you real game experience without kits, tpa, home and other commands, but there is no admins that can affect servers security.

1 Like

In my opinion, official servers should definitely exist. But they should be added later, when proper balancing and such is implemented. Maybe even a community moderation team.

This will be to prevent things like what happened to Atlas (search for Atlas the game) which I’m guessing is where you bring your worries from.

If you’re wondering, Atlas was advertised to be a new revolutionary open world pirate game (like Unturned without zombies). The final product released mostly content dry and without much balancing and polish. This resulted in players exploiting this for their advantage. Especially 1 large guild of Chinese players which frequently boosted even new Chinese players to OP levels and would kill any English ones. This lead to a sort of Civil War between English and Chinese players taking place. Which resulted in an extreme amounts of racist content, such as English people murdering and literally making skeletal effigies out of Chinese players in which they desecrated via fireplaces. (All on Atlas’s main/official servers)

So, for people who are saying Stuttgart’s claim has no chance of happening, they are wrong.

@anon42100029 should have used things like this as case study evidence.

And for people like @HoldBaker who seemed to believe his claims have no evidence and have never happened before- he’s wrong.

Unturned II NEEDS a more diverse community staff to handle official servers. Nelson needs to hire someone as a community manager who can speak the languages of most Unturned players such as Russian. Someone who can manage a small community team of people who also speak lets say Russian. Heck- just have him be a good translator that can lead and qualifies for Community Manager and let him get a full Russian-speaking-only team if he wants.

But one thing is for sure.

Hell will break loose in Unturned Official Servers if they are:

• launched to early
  • lack community staff
  • exclude other languages

** And StuttGart has a point. Even if it may not be 100% right. **

3 Likes

You can’t possibly do that for every language community with such a small company, so far big non english-speaking communities have had a bunch of servers that worked pretty well.

Official servers using english would work just fine, there were many big Unturned youtubers that had their own servers that were played by people from everywhere.

3 Likes

He isn’t though. Right now we have very little to no information in what Unturned II’s official servers are going to be like. Making baseless assumptions with very little information to back it up isn’t good.

3 Likes

I agree that Stuttgart shouldn’t be saying it in such a concrete fashion. But I must say that there is the danger of this thing collapsing. And for @oyamat , I used Russian as a specific example.

Because languages like Russian are some of the main languages used by Unturned players (that and English), I’m not saying each and every of the 100+ countries and all their languages. Don’t take my words and stretch it to such a ridiculous level.

1 Like

Because hiring several guys isn’t already ?

Also no need to mention everyone everytime, just quote the messages you’re referring to.

3 Likes

I don’t just “believe” that Stuttgart claims have no evidence, they have no evidence. Please quote a shred of evidence that Stuttgart provided and I will happily correct myself.

I never claimed Official servers have never sucked. I really didn’t make any claims, only pointed out the original post provides no evidence, makes assumptions, and contains no concrete reasoning.

So unless I am wrong about that^ then I don’t think I am wrong. <3 Paladin

3 Likes

I should have phrased myself better, my bad.

Stuttgart provided no evidence, but as for official servers going wrong for survival games with similarities to Unturned-

that has tons of evidence (see what I said about Atlas)

1 Like

I actually bought and played 10 hours in ATLAS. Btw, I had a bad experience with every faction and actually offered assistance to the Chinese.

But to be honest, I think separate language servers would be nice. In my experience the Chinese players we’re also racist assholes, arguably more so than the English speakers. Besides, if you put a bunch of people who speak different languages in the first place onto a single server, they’ll all self segregate based on language. It’s generally a bad idea to put two large groups of people who don’t speak the same language in the same server. It happened with FuzeIII and his fans on EarthMC. Or at least most of the French speakers sided with Queensland with some factions even hating FuzeIII.

A lot of people we’re angry about queue times, and I even had to buy priority access because waiting in queue would take up to six hours at times. But with priority, wait time is at most 5 to 10 minutes. I’ve seen linguistic conflicts quite a few times within games. To describe a lot of what happened with ATLAS and the Chinese. They would just strip islands bare of resources leaving literally nothing.

Neither side was innocent during that conflict. The hatred towards the Chinese was the fact that they we’re coordinating together and boosting new players from China to insanely OP levels of power. The fighting was still none the less fun, even though I did only get 10 hours of game play.

3 Likes

I have played some servers where people who don’t speak English don’t understand the rules and stuff, and the mods are just assholes to them because they don’t speak their languages.

It would make sense to have official servers hosted all around the world, with some moderators who speak the languages. Unturned has a huge playerbase in China, Russia, and other places that don’t speak English. So it would be good to at least do that, if you’re hiring moderators then at leaat make sure some of them speak the language.

4 Likes