"Out of Bounds" Map Bug

When I try to place objects on my map in singleplayer and multiplayer it says “Out of Bounds”. I’ve tried deleting every single volume and node to no avail. I checked my files but I don’t see anything that could be causing it, maybe I just don’t know what to be looking for.

To clarify: this is a custom map that you’ve created, correct? Or is this someone else’s map that you’re just editing, such as an official or curated map?

Where are you trying to place the objects? E.g., are you trying to place them somewhere “weird” such as:

• in a Safezone volume
  • in a Player Clip volume
  • outside the edge of the map
  • near the borders of the map
  • near spawn points
  • underground

etc.

Sorry I meant barricades not objects. Custom map, made in early 2019 so it’s quite old. I’ve tried placing barricades in various locations to no avail.

What’s strange is I was able to place barricades just fine a few months ago but coming back now I and several people who tested the map out couldn’t. Not sure what could have changed.

If your map is currently available on the Steam Workshop, feel free to link to it here just in case someone wants to manually go into the map to see the issue.

If you do end up posting the map here, I’d love to look at it for you.

Here’s the 2 workshop addons for the map. The 600 MB Test Pack is not required to play the map, but some assets will be missing.

I took a look at the map earlier today, and was able to recreate the issue. There’s a really big Player Clip volume covering your entire map (and then some). You can’t delete a volume that you’re currently inside.

The quickest way to delete it would be to just replace the entire Level.hierarchy with one from a different Large map. However: you’d to lose some work on your map. You’d have to reassign your desired materials, re-add all of the map’s volumes, etc…

What you could do instead is: Fly off the side of the map (not directly up), and just try to select/delete the problematic Player Clip volume. If you’re careful about this, you can select (& delete) only the one problematic volume. That way, you won’t need to re-add every single Player Clip volume.

I haven’t been able to find this player clip volume. Could you describe how far out of the map it is?

Edit: I finally found it. Thank you so much Molton. Everyone on this forum is so helpful, what a great community

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.