Parkour system - my Unturned-4.0-dream

Hmm, well, I definitely recall Nelson talking about it at the least

So umm… Nelson can make these animations very slow, maybe even slower than in GTA IV

I like your idea, but I feel like there should be vaulting instead of climbing. I feel like climbing would just make it easier to raid bases, and traps wouldn’t be used that much to stop people, so I think you should be able to vault over or on top of things as high as you, but not climb by wall jumping and everything like that.

Climbing should also make noises so zombies can hear you if they are next to you. You also will fall down if you are hit by any Player or zombie.
And I think, normal getting up on walls (like 1. and 2.) is enought. So you can’t raid bases higher than 1.5 Floors. and very small bases have often no door on the Roof or you can raid it with a car (jump on the car -> jump on the Roof).
I’m going to do an animation with Blender to show you what I mean.

WAITING FOR IT… :smiling_face:

1 Like

It will take some time… I’m not good in animation, and I also build a city in another video game.

i like this idea more in my opnion wen you have a toll or weapon in your hands need cancel parkour because
disrupts in combat

I can’t do the animation with blender, I’m sorry.

Its a good idea, but I personally don’t like the idea of climbing in Unturned.
Keep up the good work!

Well, you can run to unlock very slow vault move. Then, you start vaulting over everything to unlock climbing on fences or some small objects that you cant vault on, then repeat that and unlock climbing on bigger objects.

Inb4 necropost complaints

1 Like

Next step: Jump and instantly go to space and build a base there xD

Assassin’s creed inspired :sunglasses:

xD

(ten characters)

In La défense district in paris, there are peoples climbing skyscrapers so why not ^^

to all the people saying parkour will be op, you will be like a spiderman and you will be able to completely ignore gunfight: i do parkour myself for over a year now and im honestly saying that im not too good, i cant do all the reckless stuff experienced guys can, if you want to really ignore gunfights and fly from place to place, you will need some serious exercise, stretching and agility in general. i started out as a gymnast, doing all these things at once, exercising, stretching and gaining agility (running, jumping and trying to overcome obstacles) now im pretty good at climbing walls or maybe overcoming obstacles but again, im not very good. so i think it will be logical to skill up on exercise and strength first so you will be able to unlock basic parkour after and so on…
what do you think?

Imo, climbing is dumb. Being able to climb things by vaulting over or jumping up and grabbing onto the ledge and pulling yourself up, taking huge amounts of stamina in the process, would be awesome. But some Breath of the Wild system where you can climb a smooth, vertical wall, is ridiculous. Climbing certain things, like trees or street light poles, could be fun too.

i dont think anyone said anything about climbing like in breath of the wild but it would be cool and logical to climb cliffs and mountains like that with climbing gear

I think it would be pretty cool but if you climb up onto a weak branch it could fall and you could hurt yourself so you have to find nice strong branches to climb up then sit on top of one and maybe set up a hammock with tons of rope. Camping in trees would be very cool as its safe but if someone spots you or your not careful enough they could just cut down your tree.

This would make PvP more interesting!