Passenger being able to steer a car to the side if the driver is killed

TL;DR: The option to choose if you want to push a dead corpse out of the drivers seat to take control of the vehicle which would take more time VS quickly grabbing the steering wheel to steer the car into cover.

I dont play PvP but now that bandits will be a thing this could also benefit PvE players.
I think players in the passenger/co-driver seat should be able to grab the steering wheel if the drivers gets his/her brains blown out in a ambush. I dont mean that the passenger will be able to drive the car but will be able to steer the car to “safety” like a ditch or into the trees if youre in a forest. This gives the passengers a chance to survive the ambush and to be able to fight back because they dont have wait for the car to come to a stop to get out. Pulling the handbrake to turn the car sideways to turn it into a cover if you and your group are in the open like a wide highway could also help. (but we all know bad stuff happens if the handbrake is engaged at high speeds, ok you get the point)
Im pretty sure there will be a gameplay mechanic where you will get injured/killed if you jump out of a car doing 100kmh/62mph. So this could help in ambushes from real players or AI bandits.

Edit: If the game will ever have animations for switching seats and corpses staying in their seats until they are taken out/pushed out, then this will be useful. But if the same quick seat change (F1-F10) will be used and corpses falling through cars then just ignore this suggestion.

(btw feel free to point out any spelling/grammar mistakes)

10 Likes

just switch to driver’s seat

it’s not that hard to press tab and f1 in rapid succession

3 Likes

But you cant jump into the drivers seat if theres a corpse in the drivers seat. Or does the corpse fall through the car when the player dies like in 3?

1 Like

throw it out the damn window or just open the door

1 Like

That could work but reaching for the door takes time and you would probably get killed before you get the corpse out of the car.

1 Like

In fact I believe that somehow the player when pressing the key to go to the driver’s seat, he should push the dead body through the door, an animation that could be quite simple, but in any case, be able to partially take control of the car seems to me to be a good idea, especially the steering wheel and the hand brake

2 Likes

Yeah i think it would be cool if you could choose to push the corpse out of the car to get into the drivers seat but it would take more time VS grabbing the steering wheel which would be much faster than pushing the corpse out.

2 Likes

Exactly, I believe it seems enough to balance it out.

2 Likes

have it be like in GTA where you just kick the body out the car

2 Likes

or saints row 2 where the body just hangs out in the car forever (or until it despawns) but you can hop into the drivers seat and the body glitches out and clips through the car until it’s ejected at a high speed through the rear window

4 Likes

In gta 5 when driver is killed he pushes the horn with his body until you will remove his body from driver seat. (cool feature to add to Unturned II)

5 Likes

This could actually be super interesting. You’d have to think about where you’re killing the driver so you don’t attract zombies

6 Likes