People cant join my server even though i have the gslt and its not private

I am trying to host a server but people cant get on to it only i can i have the gslts and everything else needed and they have the correct version and everything to what is wrong?

What is the exact error they are getting?
What exactly have you done to enable them to join (Yes, the full list)
How are they trying to join? Via the Steam Overlay, via IP and port, via the Server browser?

they just arent able to connect it says Attempting to connect (try#) and then attempt failed it wont show up in the browser they cant join from steam overlay either

Okay, that answers the “what happens part”.
What have you done to enable them to join?

i have enabled the GSLT and made it so anyone could join so not gold exlusive or password

Are you sure port forwarded properly? Are you able to join your own server, by using the same IP/port that you’d give other people to join with?

no but i do debug and i use that port and ip

If you aren’t able to join your own server with the same IP and port you’d give other players, then you likely haven’t port forwarded properly. Double-check your port forwarding rules as per Port Forwarding — Unturned 0.1 documentation.

seen as how i have done it wrong may you please instruct me how to

Navigate to your router page. The web address is your default gateway. Navigate to the port forwarding section of the router page.

By default, Unturned servers require ports 27015 and 27016 be opened.

1. Create a port forwarding rule for 27015, using the UDP protocol, for your IPv4 address.
  2. Create a port forwarding rule for 27016, using the UDP protocol, for your IPv4 address.

If your router supports port ranges, you could create a single rule for 27015-27016 instead of two separate rules.

Are there any errors in the server console? If you’re using a command like port or bind in your Commands.dat file, this would be useful to note as well.

Thats been fucky at times, not a good idea. Just use the LAN section or localhost as the IP if you want to join via IP and port.

I assume you mean getting your IP via ipconfig? Because I don’t see what else you could mean with “debug”

Important factoid you might want to know: That’d be the local IP of the PC used to host the server, probably the same one you play on by the looks of it. It should look something like 192.168.X.X.

For the love og god do not use bind, 99 times out of 100 it isn’t needed and just breaks stuff.
Chances are the default port range is also still available so no need to get port involved either.

thank you but i am now having problems with people not being able to find my server on the server list when they have the server name and everything and i have the gslt it wont even show up in my history when i have joined it before

Are you sure you’ve port forwarded properly? Can players join if they connect directly, instead of using the server list?

how do you mean connect directly?

Without needing to use the server list, players can directly connect to a server if they navigate to the “Connect” menu.

image image

i have another post about this that it doesnt work im still working on forwarding the port

Are you still having issues with this? Is there something you’re confused by?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.