Personalizing your guns

After casually browsing the workshop I saw a community-made skin for the honey badger.
I’m not trying to advertise it but this is what it looks like…

This brought upon the idea of being able to personally customize your gun by drawing on it, scratching it, or simply wrapping cloth around it. This isn’t something really big but everyone, including myself, have a certain taste in the way our guns should look like. I know this a terrible example but maybe you guys can come up with a different view on personalizing your own guns, to really make it something you can call your own masterpiece of a firearm.

5 Likes

drawing

■■■■■

■■■■■ everywhere

17 Likes

who’s been drawing dicks?

When you customise in games you use premade symbols and letters/numbers… Decals too…

You generally don’t get dumb dicks lol…

Main examples being…

Almost any racing game that lets you customise cars.

Any shooter that lets you make emblems/badges.

Games with customisable clan identifiers.

It’s a perfectly reasonable suggestion.

War Thunder has taught me that you can easily make a penis out of less than 4 numbers. Unless they’re going to be premade camos and decals with no player input, you’re gonna get immature shit happening.

“generally”

Just have things like painted skins, camo, burlap wrap, that sort of thing.

1 Like

Welp, I managed to make a dick emblem in Battlefield, so, yeah…

No one cares, because generally 99% of people won’t abuse it and would enjoy it.

The other 1% can get reported.

It’s really not a huge issue my dudes.

Reported to who?
Unturned doesn’t have an algorithm or an office building full of people to deal with all the reportedly bad weapon customizations and figure out which ones are acceptable and which ones actually need to be punished and actually implement that punishment.

I would bet my life that more than 1% of players of games with enough customization to create offensive symbols have done so.

To assume that the only people who won’t use and enjoy the feature are the “1%” of people who do things with it that offend you is more than a bit optimistic.

1 Like

I dont really see how a penis or two on a gun is really that bad, you would have to be pretty close to someone to even see it, and if you are worrying about kids just look at school books, they are absolutely filled with dicks. Also could just have a warthunder esque “realism filter” that just lets you turn off peoples gun customization, so if you really didnt want to see guns with weird things on them you could just enable it. As long as you cant spell slurs or something else really bad it would be fine.

1 Like

{swedish snickering}

1 Like

I never actually grew up with anything like that XD… maybe somehow, my generation missed the “Toxic kid Phase” and such… dunno.

I believe that it’s just immersion breaking, and some people just don’t want to see that in a videogame.

hmmmmmmmmm

But if turned off, the player might not be able to personalize their own weapon and possibly even show it off to their friends.

It’s a cool idea, don’t get me wrong; I think it can add a lot of personality and customization to the player, something Nelson has emphasized lots of times.

I was just simply stating that it could be immersion breaking for people to put ludicrous stuff on their weapons and not take it seriously; but at the end of the day I don’t think we should control how people enjoy the game.

Also I worded my previous reply weirdly, I was speaking on behalf of some people who may not care to have this feature.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.