Phones?

would it be cool if they added phones? The phone can be used as a chart/Gps, you can can use it like a walkie talkie and call people or get in a private text channel.

9 Likes

Oh boy! Time to get my character addicted to phones in game too!
This wouldn’t work out as a civilian item and would really make things way too easy by putting everything into one device- It shouldn’t be like that.

2 Likes

I kinda would like the option to use a phone as a utility device. Since there’s a good chance Phone Networks will be taken offline or unpaid in the event of an apocalypse could be augmented to fit lore and balance (Eg no calling).Some features off of the top of my head could be a simple calculator (no use), note taking, and maybe a simple game or two (Tetris?).

1 Like

It could also be used as a flashlight :thinking:
Or you could hit someone with it :crying_cat_face:

3 Likes

While it may be unrealistic, I think adding calls/private text messages wouldn’t be a bad idea.

2 Likes

Who needs internet when you can have a literal net with wires in it?

inb4 Nelson adds phones… but all the screens are broken. Turns out zombies are bad with phones.

How about making them as junk items which can be scrapped for electronic parts

That’s the least you could do when adding them

3 Likes

It can be used to distract zombies for certain time. Like you can put alarm that rings from 12:00 to 12:10

1 Like

Then you can set an alarm, throw the phone at a base and wait for zombies to swarm it

2 Likes

You can do same with glowsticks, so that doesn’t OP

Would be useful as a new system for chat, would also work better for rpers or people who dont want to see kids spam chat.

1 Like

Phones could be used as a flashlight, a memo, a music player that consists of only 1 song (because copyright), and for taking pictures (for some reason)

4 Likes

maybe phones could work the same as radios, where you can add music BUT, make it easier to do. XD

1 Like

I don’t know if a phone fits in the game with this purpose, but you gave a nice idea… you can only chat local in the game and you can use global only if you find a phone and do a quest to repair the communication like on the current Rusia map, the quest from the Liberator.

3 Likes

agreed. good idea

nice idea
I mean heck the coalition has an aircraft carrier, they’ve probably got some sort of a cellular network up and running by now.

1 Like

wellllll walkie talkies can work without towers xd

because walkie talkies don’t need towers xddddd

thats basically what I said xd