Phones Instead of chat?!

Cuz i See it as different from other games that had A GUI with players talking, with the phone is more realistic, It’s Useful With The RP too… come on is more realistic a gui with people chatting or phone groups or vocal groups talking?

i don’t even care a signal i’m talking about chat anyway

Fun and good features>realism

1 Like

yeah i know

1 Like

This wouldn’t make much sense, as well as the other substitutes that others have proposed here, because stuff like Discord exists.

Why hassle with a communications barrier in-game when you can use vastly superior third-party applications that do the job way better? This is why Walkie Talkies in 3.0 still have a use even - they’re not the only way of communicating map-wide in vanilla since you still have world chat.

1 Like

It’s not realistic at all, people don’t go around with phones sending snapchats and tweet while surviving in a post-apocalyptic world…

who said that i would like apps…

Easy to make it have sense: By lore, apocalypse happend months ago and some major group such as the coalition could’ve been restoring some sort of comunication service.
Players could be spawning with phones cus srsly who hasn’t one these days?

Also, I like the idea of not having to rely on some chat box on the top left part of the screen. Instead, the phone thing is pretty nice and it adds realism at 0 costs.

1 Like

Who said i meant it literally ?
All in all, i don’t agree with your suggestion and i’m not the only one. It doesn’t make sense to chat with people with your phone in a world where even water isn’t pumped trough pipes anymore. I don’t see a reason to add an item to access global chat, just because it would make Unturned the only post-apocalypse game where you use your phone to chat. Because it would make it “unique”, there isn’t much reason behind that addition, the chat system like in every other game is completely fine and you’re pretty much the first person i see that wants to change this.

Some radios can send and receive text messages. Would fit the theme more.

I personally think it’s a good idea as global chat is really imbalanced.

add a /s if your joking.

And why would i be sarcastic ?

meh, because you can.

Basically as GHJ has said, Discord is the gold standard voice chat to use, so it’d be useless to add it in Unturned because the competition is not only superior but most players already use it. I could see it being used as a utility such as a multitool with flashlight, camera, notepad, calculator, and minigame functions.

2 Likes

just no…

1 Like

phones >> radio
better. phones just don’t make sense.

Dude, it’s this

Radios > phones.

(radios are better than phones. )

i meant he should change it to radio lel

yeah and you would still be able to use area chat.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.