Pitch

true
this entire thread is basically a meme though, the ongoing joke of “it should be less op so we should make kitchen knives rare” etc is actually a serious discussion

i have lost all faith in humanity

you can stun actually I believe, if you have overkill maxed

1 Like

:thinking:

1 Like

I swear that wasnt there before

There is no need to throw anything if it’s not going to do significant damage. Point is that if you want to hit from a distance find a gun first. A Sportshot is bad enough, don’t suggest worse, it’s not needed in any way.

I think my writing made you understand that the function of the pitch is to cause damage, in fact it is something important but it is not the real function, it means it is a bit complicated to explain, throwing is not only for causing damage but also a means of distraction , throwing a stone at a window causing the player inside the house to be confused while you can escape or attack with Molotovs.

What you suggest is already a thing. They’re called smokes and flares.

he said rocks, not things liek flares and smoke which people would have used up trying to attract flying vehicles attention to escape the infected area.

Flares and smokes are mostly used to distract zombies and not air vehicles. OP is suggesting throwing rocks and such as a distraction. Therefore, what he’s suggesting is already a thing.

Im talking about lore things for 4.0. in 4.0 you most likely will be able to light a flare to see and stuff. also

no, its not already a think in 4.0. plus, rocks are reasonable instead of using a smokescreen and flares to simply distract a zombie or something. ya know, Ive noticed a lot of your arguments are based on stuff in 3.0, and not what we know about 4.0.

Throwing objects could still be useful in the early game. It could give you a chance to beat down on a gun-wielding foe if you chuck a bottle or rock at them. Yes guns are better in almost every way compared to throwing rocks at someone, but they’d still be useful even if it’s just for temporarily stunning, stumbling, or distracting someone or something. Albeit a little situational.

Flares and smoke grenades should still distract the Turned, same with the other throwables, but that shouldn’t be the main thing they’re used for. Plus they’re not exactly that good for sneaking around players when they’re noticed you’re covering a whole street in bright lights and smoke. All throwables should also make noise when they hit the ground, instead of flopping around like dead fish and alerting enemies a few seconds later.

Thrown objects would also be a useful way of taking out enemies if you don’t want to get close to them. Using 3.0 as an example, it’d be easier to kill a burner by throwing a bottle/rock/brick at it rather than shooting it and alerting the whole city, or hitting it and losing half your health. On the wishlist trello in the melee section, using items like the socketwrench as a melee weapon was mentioned, so maybe throwable bottles and rocks could have the alternate use of being a weak single-use melee weapon too.

Stuff like this will be very likely carried on to 4.0 somply for the fact that there’s no need for change.

I try my best to only touch 4.0 subjects that will be likely carried on from 3.0 like said before. And if they aren’t I suggest changes. Simply as that.

What lore?

Also you can already use flares to “see and stuff”. That’s why they shine, fyi.

Also you’re contradicting yourself here. So far we have no information about lore and yet you’ve still used it as counter argument :wink:

I’m not contradicting myself, also, for glares I meant you hold them and they create light if you light them while holding them. For lore, as I said before it makes sense people would have used most of them to try and attract planes.

What, you think people ignored flying vehicles overhead? People probably also used flares to start fires, since they should be able to do that. Whatever

Also, for your argument that it’s already a thing,… Really? You want the only way to distract zombies are by flares and smoke grenades, which most defiantly won’t be common anymore. Plus, what’s wrong with throwing a rock/brick at a window or near a zombie to distract them so you can sneak by? It’s not a stupid idea, so why do you object to it based on the argument that it’s already a thing, which is completely wrong. You have things that create light which attracts zombies, and something the creates smoke that attracts zombies. Why not something that creates noise to attract them?

You have to understand that while some ways to do something shouldn’t be narrowed down, it doesn’t mean it’s necessary to have like 50 different ways of doing something as irrelevant as distracting zombies. You can already do it with a flare or smoke, and it is enough.

So yes, I do want the only ways to distract zombies to be flares and smokes. Flares especially because they’re simple items commonly found in real life, unlike smokes, but that’s off-topic.

You can do that already by shooting and sneaking away from the spot.

Again, if throwing rocks brought something new and different enough to the table, I wouldn’t be against it.

So you would waste a bullet to attract zombies, which could easily backfire as you could attract attention of a horde instead of a few zombies. Also

Once again, you give the same reasons, instead of adding actual reasons. Flares may be common in regular life, but how common will they be in an apocalypse? Stop giving dumb reasons, which you repeat over and over again.

“we don’t need anything other than flares and smoke” that is one of the stupidest things I’ve ever heard. They may make noise when they land, but you could also use the to throw at zombies, or use them as a melee. Give me decent reasons that aren’t just plain stupid and I’ll respond to you again. Otherwise, I will ignore you.

If you can’t counter my arguments decently you don’t have the right to say they’re stupid.
Also if you’re going to ignore me, go ahead, it’s not like much will be missed.

Yes, I am responding, but it’s because it’s not exactly related. My points are perfectly sound, yet you try to counter it with terrible reasons like wasting bullets, which won’t attract a few zombies but will attract pretty much every zombie in the city, as well as saying that flares and smoke grenades should be our only way to distract zombies, which those will be needed for other stuff, than distracting a few zombies. You would need to light flares and hold them to explore subways, or maybe 5hrow at a zombie to make it catch on fire, you would need smoke to fight players or signal each other, instead of wasting them to distract a few zombies. I’m not saying you can’t, I’m just saying it will be a waste to do so.

Now, please give me another argument that isn’t absurd or stupid. or at least something different.

I don’t get why a single bullet is a big deal for you.

I don’t get why more attention is a problem when your objective is to distract.

I don’t get why you keep insisting on smokes as distraction despite me already downplaying them for that purpose before.

I don’t get why you defend flares with mechanics that aren’t a thing. You’re just making up stuff to defend your point.

I don’t get how countering me with something I agree with works, but you do you. If smokes are assumedly going to be rarer in 4.0, players would use them less for distracting zombies.

I don’t get why you think your opinion about what is a waste and what isn’t matters here. This is a discussion and not a rant. Bring facts or stay in your spot.

in a (hard) survival game, it can be a big deal.

if you attract every zombie in the city, you wont be able to get away from where you shot your gun.

Because you involved them as something to distract zombies.

once again, your talking about 3.0 instead of 4.0. it most likely will be a mechanic in 4.0. see? I can assume stuff about the game as well.

once again, because you used them as reasoning on why we cant use stones.

I was literally talking about the stuff right before that. Its not that hard top understand. I never started a rant here.

thank you for using different evidence… sorta. then it actually feels like a debate.

We both have to admit this point is completely about opinion, so I won’t elaborate on it further.

That really just can be figured in practice, to be fair. Because you may or may not be able to escape.

Because they can be used as a distraction for zombies. Assuming they don’t lose that ability in 4.0, for some weird reason.

There is nothing to back saying those things will “most likely” be a mechanic in 4.0. And I won’t keep you from assuming 4.0 features, just don’t compare what you do to what I do. I don’t defend key ideas by mechanics that weren’t neither hinted nor even mentioned in the past by anyone else.

And I stand by my point. There are already enough ways to distract zombies. There are much more important aspects to improve on. Flares are disposable and something that will distract zombies for some seconds. Stones would do the same job but worse, since they don’t have sound for as long and don’t grab as much attention as a flare’s light or smoke’s… smoke. So rocks are just a downgrade of a solution to an unimportant problem that doesn’t occur much unless you know how to use melee weapons.

I know you were talking about the stuff right before that. But you said it would be a waste to use flares to distract zombies. That’s just your opinion, and not a fact. Rants are a faceoff of two opinions, so you started one.