Player divided into parts (focus on body temperature of the character)

Addendum

First of all, I want to warn you that if there is any grotesque mistake it is because I do not know how to speak English and I am using Google Translate

Introduction

In unturned 3.0 and 2.0 there was no great work on the character, or in the parts of the character (members), for example, from the thigh to the foot of the character is considered Leg; from shoulder to hand is considered an arm. And that, although it does not disturb the gameplay, is a little too simple, with only a few changes, we can improve this in a big way.

Idea

My idea is as follows, to divide the members of the player into two parts, or into two sections (I do not know very well how to call). Let’s see the examples, the leg would be divided into two parts, the thigh (from waist to knee) and thigh (from knee to foot); The arm would also be divided into two parts, the biceps (from the shoulder to the elbow) and the forearm (from the elbow to the hand), just that.

corpo

In practice

Well, one of the goals of this is realism, but it will also increase more in gameplay, for example.

(Bonus example) In PvP: Weapon damage could be different on each limb, for example, a shot gives 20 points of damage to the shuttle and 30 damage to the thigh. (I am using these points damage measures, as we are not sure how it will work).
This would entice players to try to shoot more in the middle (next to the player’s abdomen) in order to deal more damage. [I feel I’ve seen this being discussed, but to the next example, I do not remember seeing it].

At the temperature: Finally we arrived at the part that I most expected, the temperature. The body temperature of the player would be worked differently, much different than in Unturned 3. There you only run to a house and pick up any clothes, you may be wearing a T-Shirt or a Coat, it does not make any difference, but this would change with my idea. The temperature will be worked differently, each part of the limb (besides of course the trunk and head) will have a ‘own temperature’, we will see an image later.

Example: Let’s pretend I’m on a map that’s covered in snow and (it’s in the winter season) the temperature is 5°C [41°F], and then I found a coat, but I did not find gloves and shoes, which I’ll tell you later have been confirmed, we can see this in devlog 4),

Image that proves this

then the temperature of my biceps will be higher than that of my forearm.

corpoa

Soon you would average between these two temperatures which would be [23 + 15 = 38/2 = 19] 19°C [66°F] soon your arm (biceps + forearm) will be uncomfortably cold, this example also applies to the legs . The trunk and head will also have their own temperatures, so to determine if the player is ‘freezing’ or not doing an average of all parts of the body, continuing the previous example: Your torso and head are at 26°C [ 78.8°F] your arms are at 19°C [66°F] and your legs are at 23°C [73.4°F]. Then a general average of the player’s temperature will be made [26 + 26 + 19 + 23 = 94/4 = 23.5] which is in total 23.5°C [74.3°F] soon the character is at a comfortable temperature and will not receive any harm .
Already, if the temperature is uncomfortably cold, the player feels more hungry and will need to eat more. If you go the other way, you will need to drink more water.

Interesting places

The player should not be penalized seriously if he is uncomfortably cold / hot, only a small increase, respectively, in his hunger / thirst.
If the player’s thermal sensation is below 20°C [68°F], he or she should receive a more serious penalty, if it is below 10°C [50°F] it will be freezing (suffering damage). If it is above 30°C [86°F], it should be uncomfortably hot and above 104°F (40°C), its thirst will drop very frighteningly.
Being inside enclosed buildings and cars with enclosed windows will also allow the player to stay at an ambient temperature of 20°C [68°F] in short, comfortable.

Well, that’s my suggestion if you find any incongruity, or anything, let me know. Remember also to vote in the poll, which I think I did … Well, if you have a poll, vote please :wink:

• I think it’s a good idea (if you agree, remember to leave a like)
  • Maybe (Leave a comment explaining this “maybe”)
  • No, I think it’s a bad idea! (Also leave a comment as to why you disagree).

0 voters

Let’s discuss cultured and peaceful, friends. :wink:

4 Likes

I can see core and extremeties having differnet temperaturs and penalities, but anything more would just be too much imho.
Basially have the core temperature incur major debuffs and extremities only minor ones.
I’d still want it, because I ama sucker for realism, but that would be overdoing it.

1 Like

I’d be happy with a much simpler Head, Chest, Abdomen, Arms, and Legs system.

Didn’t know that your entire leg was a thigh. May want to correct that to fit with your image better.

You’re ignoring other parts of the arm like the triceps; why not just upper arm and lower arm.

Can we get a little more of an explanation on this “thermal sensation?” If it’s body temperature then the person should have already frozen but if it is just like what the weather is outside then that should be adjusted a fair bit. I can personally go outside in a shirt and underwear when its close to 0° C and be perfectly fine for a short period of time. I’m in Florida so temperatures above 30 degrees also aren’t too much of an issue.

Overall, I think your idea for body temperature is interesting. Clothing should definitely affect temperature of whatever parts it’s covering if it hasn’t already been considered for the game. For the damage system though, I think the arms and legs shouldn’t be split into different sections. Damage should be consistent throughout general areas with the exception of small areas around where vital organs should be located.

It’s not exactly overkill, it’s just a slightly more complex body temperature system.
I can state this, because it will not change so much in game performance, a calculator can do these calculations quickly, so I think a computer will be able to do these calculations without problems.

But my idea is basically this, the part of dividing members into more than one part is to encourage the player to find / wear gloves and shoes; I do not want to start freezing and maybe lose life just because I did not find a pair of gloves or boots.

It’s just a rather rough example that I made in a hurry, I’ll try to improve it.

I decided to split it into just two parts, ignoring other parts to be simpler and easier to understand; imagine if I split the arm in 4 parts, I would have to get the temperature of all of them, which I suppose do not have a difference so great, add them and then divide them to be able to receive an average temperature of the arms, I think which would be overly complex.

I really should admit that it got a bit badly done this part here, maybe change the 20 ° to 10 ° and the 10 ° to 0 °, but I did all of this here based on a brief survey that showed the comfortable temperature to be human body is 20 to 24 ° in the summer and 23 to 26 ° in the winter, all I did was set a comfortable temperature for the unturned player which was 20 ° to 30 ° (We do not need so much realism that way, to the point change in winter and summer seasons).

The damage part, as I said up there is a bonus, was initially a part of the idea, but then I shifted the focus to just the temperature.

It is not about performance. It is about realism for realisms sake.

2 Likes

I tried to leave it not so realistic, in fact only a little more complex, the main part is the average temperature of the player to be defined from the temperature of each member, this is the FOCUS of the idea, the part of the members to be divided into two parts is to encourage the player to look for gloves and boots, which I suppose are not so rare, in addition to forcing the player to prepare during the summer and the other seasons for the winter, looking for warmer clothes and such.
Realism for realism would be for the player to lose body parts because of the cold.

It’s a bit much tbh. The way I’d probably do it is that hands in the cold will shake more, decreasing accuracy and gloves will fix that. Everything else is tied to the same temperature, with clothes increasing the overall temperature, but not individual parts having different temperatures.

1 Like

I get what you mean, but if it is just about boots anfd gloves then there really is no reason to have 2x arms and 2x legs, just legs and arms will do.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.