Player Momentum in Relation to Transportation

The originality and quality of strategy-based PvP in Unturned 3.0 and any other game, really, suffers from the repetitious fact that players can immediately change direction on a whim, making your shots harder to hit by: enabling erratic, constant movements to be a strategy, zig-zagging and what-not.
But this analysis is from a perspective which values strategy. Nonetheless, lets begin.
I’ll try as best I can with an analogous knowledge of momentum relative to humans.
And I’ll try to say as much as I can about the incredibly small suggestion, which isn’t much.

I̶n̶ ̶r̶e̶l̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶o̶v̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶f̶o̶o̶t̶.̶ Confirmed, comrade.

As you all know, humans require to exert an amount of force to even begin to move, for example: moving your leg up & forwards to begin walking, pushing the ground with the placed leg immediately afterwards.
This being said, the same goes for stopping, having to either exert a minimal amount of force in comparison to your original to slow down, or attempt to move backwards, for lack of better description.
The same ‘force’ would have to be applied in every other respect in terms of direction as well, so you aren’t going to be making a turn in the same manner when running as you would had you been walking.
There is always, as far as I’m concerned, a force which is prompting you to stop moving, we do not live in a vacuum.

It should also be taken into account that you can’t move your legs sideways as much as forwards.

In relation to vehicles.

When somebody jumps off of a moving vehicle, they don’t just stop like they do here.
When somebody jumps off of a moving vehicle, they get hit by the force of the ground at whatever speed they were moving at, probably toppled as well, as all the momentum in their lower body instantly dies, I think.
Anyways, simply put: you jump/fall off a vehicle, you keep traveling in both the direction the vehicle was traveling when you jumped, and the direction you were moving while on the vehicle, until you lose all your momentum.
All the while gaining momentum, since gravity exists, till you hit terminal velocity. Or the ground.

And of course, you slowly but surely stop moving forwards, and instead begin falling. In a scenario where you could actually sustain the altitude lost when you jumped/fell off the vehicle, of course.

I would go on, but there’s really nothing more to say.

• No.
  • Momentum.
  • Vehicular only.

0 voters

Do me a favour and add further suggestion pertaining to the subject at hand in the comments. I’m also too lazy to provide a scholarly example of information, much less an adequate description.

5 Likes
Player momentum is confirmed

but a deep dark part of me wants bhopping/skill based movement

The vehicle thing makes sense and would be fun.

2 Likes

that’s a modding

2 Likes

Did number_one recently change their username and/or pfp or did someone who I have never once seen before get regular status?

I leave for one week and nobody remembers who I am?
Obvious exaggeration, I’m not really in your heads.

I did change my pfp to “a guy on a balcony with a gas mask”, as described by me in #minus-one-IQ-containment-zone.
If you remember Justin Trudeau dabbing with school children, you’d know.

1 Like

Relevancy is reserved

mentioning justin trudeau

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.