Potential visual improvements in combat

Unturned combat is quite fast paced with maxskills (and it should stay that way), I enjoy using first person but with normal sights or scopes on ultra it is not viable in the meta for pvp. If sights could remain centered while jumping and strafing it would make first person much more viable as a main perspective on dual perspective servers.

Also when in third person proning and looking up or proning on a decline phases the view into your character, maybe this could be fixed by lifting the view.

If both of these could be improved to give greater visibility it would make combat smoother and more enjoyable in my opinion.

2 Likes

First person will never be viable when you have the choice of first or third unless it is severely gimped just by virtue of being able to peek corners.

First of all nerfing third person could be good (render glitchy textures based on your vision if there is something between you and the closest enemy) This would only nerf third person close range (since the idea is the players get rendered normally far even if behind cover and if you see them and only change for you when you are close and have something in between your first p view and the enemy)
Another idea i had would be scoped guns always change to first person at the moment you scope in (perhaps the option could be toggled mid game or works with double aiming in a short time to allow third person aiming while still having the option to quickly turn to first person that would be better after the third person nerf)

While skills do make the combat fast paced, on a vanilla server you barely have full skills and if the game was balanced to the point where all the vanilla gameplay changes would be enabled on all servers the pvp would be way slower (not to mention it could be further balanced with item stat modifiers like it already has been in arid). Arid lowers the max skills and makes them full by default, but i dont think that is the best idea if it could be changed for gameplay with skill decay on death i would make the amount of times each skill can be upgraded larger and lowering the increments of upgrade so if you die you dont lose 1/5th of your skills while still losing them. Then i would also add changes that are there by default aka less stamina regen when below 50 % water and 5% less speed at low stamina, craftable upgrades to your character something like 10% higher stamina regen at low stamina, 5% more speed at high stamina, Craftable shield upgrade that is like a blue bar on top of hp that recovers as long as you are above 50% stamina.

All of these changes could make pvp slower as not only would you need to stay above 50% stamina to recover what is basically free hp as long as you have the upgrade, beeing below it makes you slower. The way i wrote it the change would affect pvp in a way where the one running is at a disadvantage so perhaps the speed nerf could be removed if you are above 50% water making beeing full an actual neccesity.

Another cool idea for any map to add could be footwear changing the max speed you can run and the amount of stamina it uses to run (some shoes like rollerblades could only work on hard surfaces while giving you a penalty in other env).

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.