Power plants

To put it simple, you can fix power plants to provide power to the entire map but of course you will need to find fuel +repair power lines to get some towns powered up. Waves of zombies would be attracted to the noise/light/smoke created by the plant and you would have to defend it like horde mode basically till the night ends. But with it you can have all the lights on in towns so you will be safer from zombies in the dark.
This goes well with my darker nights post that I made cause you can use the power from this to light up towns when it gets dark. If you wanted to scavenge at night with the power plant activated you would need to set up defenses or risk losing the power plant.
Maybe you would also have to repair nuclear power plants to clear out a deadzone and zombies would attack every night till they take it out and it becomes a deadzone again.

1 Like

Category please.

Also, formatting and/or general grammar fixes may be necessary?

I’m assuming this is an #unturned-4 suggestion?

I don’t think powering the entire map should be a thing, but…

1. Being able to use props (like abandoned power plants) as a power source in place of your own wind turbines / solar panels / oil derricks could be interesting, and give incentive to reclaiming towns.
  2. Zombies really do need to be more aware of things in the world tbh. Light and sound reworks being one of them, for sure.

That’s not how that works, nor do I think this is a good gameplay mechanic (especially outside of single-player). I’d rather keep end-game areas requiring end-game loot the entire time, not just once. Travelling end-game areas should be difficult, not defending the thing that makes the area easy.

There’s not too much you could do in a radiation-free deadzone anyways, considering there’s a lack of loot in most of the area, and there’s a high chance of suddenly losing everything for a while due to zombies destroying your power plant.

Or worse yet, some naked decides that targeting the now very weak end-game areas for loot is a good idea, because nothing is going to actually force them to stop.

man Im not doing well with this stuff lately huh XD

yeah it sounds good.

for this I mean like it WOULD take time for it to go away, and I know it wouldn’t be realistic. But maybe after you do that, loot will stop spawning there. Or maybe you could repair it to make the deadzone smaller, but not completely gone.
@MoltonMontro @GreatHeroJ sorry for forgetting to categorize it. (to think I was once a regular :angry:) I’m supposed to be working on homework rn :sweat: XD but its fine, I’m almost done.

I assumed that you meant it’d take time, but that doesn’t really change anything all too much.

If power plants being able to eradicate deadzones was added, this suggestion should not be. This is would make the item extremely useless, similar to how nobody uses safezone radiators, except in this case it’d apply to a potentially quite significant portion of the map and affect only the best possible loot on the map.

Personaly, I’ll rather have the power plants not be a top tier zone, just like construction grade (and minor police/whatever). So if we block them off the players will be just fine.

power plants will be good. speaking of power if you make ur base by a river and create some sort of mill or something you can power your own base using the river.

I made a upgraded variant of your suggestion with some of my concepts too. you may be interested.

Yea man…i had trouble placing generator across the town in 3.x hope in 4.x there will be power source to turn on all lights in the city

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.