[Preview] 3.24.5.0 Changelog

Preview branch version 3.24.5.103 is now available. This information may change between now and the update’s official release.

Warning

Please note: New versions on the preview branch are designed to load older saves (backwards compatibility). However, the public branch typically cannot load saves made with newer versions (forwards compatibility). Therefore, if you plan to switch back to the public branch before the update is officially released, we recommend that you avoid loading important saves on the preview branch. Additionally, make sure to back up any maps before saving them in the level editor.

Changelog

Added

• Volume sliders for overall music, death screen, main menu, and ambient/in-game.
  • Exclude_From_Satellite_Capture object asset property.
  • NPC vehicle reward property to override vehicle’s paint color.
  • -PreviewLevelBatchingUniqueMaterials command-line flag to assist in debugging static batching.
  • Vehicle option to fully randomize default color (as opposed to a list of colors) and applied to vanilla cars.
  • Per-level Death_Music property to override default death music.
  • Per-object option to remove owned culling volume.
  • Vehicle AdditionalTransparentSections property.
  • Quest asset AbandonmentRewards property for cleaning up unfinished quests.
  • Seppuku Waffles Tee achievement reward for Buak’s “Do You Like Waffles?” achievement.
  • Server list filtering for multiple maps at once and a map selection screen.
  • Toggles for which quick filters are visible in server browser.
  • UseableEventHook component for Inspect animation notification.
  • Fishing rod Quest_Rewards and Reward_Experience_Min/Max properties.
  • Option for toggle voice rather than push-to-talk.
  • Effect NPC reward type as an alternative to Effect Spawner component.
  • Config for players to lose one level in a number of skills after death, rather than a percentage.

Changed

• Improved handling of vanilla bicycle, dirtbikes, and snowmobile.
  • Lose a level from a random skill in normal mode and two skills in hard mode. (none in easy mode)
  • Snap player movement to the ground when stepping down.
  • Physics material net ID table can resize if needed.
  • Paint affects more parts of Bicycle.
  • Adjust freecam FOV with mouse scroll wheel while holding CTRL.
  • Separated aircraft third-person camera mode from non-aircraft vehicles.

Fixed

• Remove error for non-vanilla vehicles with legacy ID less than 200 (including zero). [Thanks WW-TC and iBowie!]
  • Pink material visible when inspecting APC skin. [Thanks Diddlyono!]
  • Russia quest lasers visible in satellite capture. [Thanks Da_Exploding_Oli!]
  • Spine_Hook item parent missing extra offset shoulders receive. [Thanks DerEnte!]
  • Delete and scrap item buttons slightly too wide. [Thanks ai-kana!]
  • A change to how vehicles were moved on clients broke some modded physics. [Thanks Mew!]
  • Mark vehicle for replication update when steering input changes. [Thanks Mew!]
  • Mythical effects not synchronizing on equipped gun when toggled. [Thanks LNQX!]
  • Beds and sentry guns in multiplayer using wrong yaw after quaternion upgrade. [Thanks sowbad180!]
  • Update Türkiye country name in Turkish jersey text. [Thanks Beratcan!]
  • Heartbeat counter on Medic Vest on left-handed characters. [Thanks Thirteen!]
  • Missing description details for Earpiece and FilterDegradationRateMultiplier stats. [Thanks Spebby!]
  • Shoulder flag direction on US jersey, Desert top, and Arctic top. [Thanks TrueNinjafrog!]
  • Fighter Jet glass canopy water sort [Thanks Alexondeer and skeleton-(withgun)!]
  • Vehicle stamina boost not applied when using newer gear configuration. [Thanks Spebby!]
  • Running out of tire motion particles at high speed. [Thanks Mew!]
  • Wait for vehicle to stop before changing to reverse gear. [Thanks Mew!]
  • Boombox UI performance bad with thousands of songs installed. [Thanks DANNYL!]
  • Pooled barricade ignored by previously attached vehicle. [Thanks Snowb34r!]
  • Incorrect item spawns in St. Petersburg prison and hardware store. [Thanks Naamell8!]
  • German prison vehicle spawn table using wrong police cars spawn table. [Thanks Naamell8!]
  • German firetruck wrong wheels connected to engine. [Thanks Naamell8!]
  • Battery-powered boats getting cleared on save. [Thanks sensucha and Gamingtoday093!]
  • Ragdoll effect on meshes with more than one material. [Thanks Diddlyono!]
  • Main menu off roader wheels not updated to new models. [Thanks Diddlyono!]
  • Again Diner #1 interior door missing slot. [Thanks HathHub and AdamDN!]
  • Curated level link buttons too short for translated text. [Thanks Susu!]
  • Acid and Nuclear zombie spit emissive too dark. [Thanks elsultaan!]
  • Mistakenly copy-pasted exception message in GuidBuffer.Read. [Thanks Jdance!]
  • Potential cause of a door/gate/window/etc snapping issue. [Thanks prank!]

Originally posted on SDG Support: https://support.smartlydressedgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/12462494977172.

Bug reports are often tracked on our GitHub repository: Issues · SmartlyDressedGames/Unturned-3.x-Community · GitHub.

4 Likes

Some suggestions/concerns for the new filters:

1. The toggles for each filter. They take up a massive amount of space, and I feel like it would be better to simply have the toggles beside the state buttons rather than above. Most of those state buttons are extremely wide. However, I can see how the labels can come in handy.
  2. The map filter is named ‘Map Name Filter’. You can only select maps installed on your computer. You aren’t able to filter by name manually, as the label implies. Perhaps there is a way to do this, but not at first glance.
  3. It might be worth having a custom map toggle for the map filter. This would remove any maps from the available list that are located in the local ‘Maps’ folder but not categorized as Official.
  4. The ‘Open Available Filters’ button is a bit awkward in the middle, but I’ve talked with some others and below is the most natural alternative, but it isn’t problematic enough to really warrant it being changed:

2 Likes

I like what’s been done with the two-wheeled vehicles. However, there are a few bugs I’ve found.

1. All three vehicles still have the bug where the back wheel basically loses all horizontal traction when you turn fast. This results in you sharply drifting when making asharp turn.

2. Since the snow mobile also has the leaning function, it’s front tracks clip into the ground whenever you lean.

3. The snow mobile’s tracks clip through the ground when you drive. You can find this by just driving forwards on any flat surface

All of these are relatively small issues but I hope you can find some solution to them

1 Like

Thanks @Jdance_Media, 2 and 4 at least should be straightforward adjustments - I’ll see how the revised open/close placement looks in practice. 3 would be a nice improvement for a future update I think.

Thanks @CPL! My thought with 3 was that it kind of like it’s cutting through the snow in motion, but I intend to revisit it as part of updating crawler-tracked vehicles and will adjust depending on feedback. 2 can maybe be disabled - will check - but some amount of leaning might be inevitable, and 1 I hope to better sort out as part of revising all tire mass+traction values.

1 Like

Thank you for this update. Love to see this. Also thank you Nelson for adding this and adding Lose skills after Death.

Molt, can you help me to find this setting for toggle voice, where it is located?

It’s only on the preview branch at the moment. Make sure you’re looking on that branch.

1 Like

Yes, I know. I will try to find it tomorrow because I am not very attentive at 2 am

1 Like

It’s in the “Controls” menu.

Another user asked me how to use the new Effect reward type. The modding documentation has already been updated – just make sure you’re on the latest branch when looking for upcoming features/changes. :slight_smile:

For example:

Reward_0_Type Effect
Reward_0_GUID 85fbadd7f9c34d46936fd6ef23ad0c96
1 Like

The snowmobile adjustments and some server browser UI tweaks are in the .102 preview branch version now! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love what you’ve done with the map filter but there is two small issues I’ve found with the new Available Filters button.

1. The white line intersects the button

This isn’t a big issue but it does look a little weird

2. The close version is not very intuitively placed

I like how you’ve made it an arrow button but the close button isn’t in the area you’d expect. When a game or UI has this type of button, it typically stays on whatever side it starts on. Like, if it starts on the top, it stays on the top even after being opened. This is where people typically look for it too.
    So, I feel like moving it to here would be best for UX

1 Like

First of all Nelson, im quite enjoying the fact of how much more active you’ve become on the forums ever since the anniversary.
And next of all my thoughts and suggestions and etc.

Bicycles
-I call it questionable why the bicycles should throw up particles for grass and dirt even though it isnt that fast and heavy
-Shouldnt zombies be able to damage the player on the bicycle for how exposed the player is?

Suggestions
-A quiet bicycle chain sound effect so that the bicycle still is the best stealth vehicle
-Being able to perform a bunny hop with the bicycle to jump over halfways so that it might have more of a functionality

Dirtbikes (spend a hot minute trying to find the ids for them because I thought they were just called motorcycles)

-For the dirtbikes so far its better than before but when driving the backtire just clips into the vehicle itself.

Im not sure if this is logical ive never driven a motorbike before but should doing turns on junctions really still keep the player leaning into it?

DIRTBIKE (1)
In the clip im only trying to steer right to make a clean turn holding down d until im perfect aligned to the next road but for some reason it keeps on turning right resulting in me getting off the road and me trying to counter steer it results in me loosing control doing a 180 turn.

Suggestions
Would recommend raising the maximum speed from 60 to give the bike a better agility role at making it more difficult to hit the player because of the speed and how exposed the player is while as a trade off penalizing the driver for irresponsible driving.

General Suggestions
Vehicles throw up water particles when its raining

Small misc bug report
While driving around with the bicycle on Germany, I stumbled across this line where the tile materials dont merge together perfectly and it seems to go on in both directions.

3 Likes

Thank you Molt. I found it

2 Likes

Definitely want to improve those aspects as well! The bicycle tires kicking up particles is because it feels satisfying IMO. I believe the tires losing grip should be better addressed when I get the chance to go through and revise all tire mass+traction/friction values.

1 Like

Hi, have you considered updating the tire models refreshed by car repairs id1451,The current tire model is still stuck in the previous version, and when it comes to cars, the appearance is instantly different, which gives a lot of dissonance. It looks like the tire held in hand has no texture

Preview branch version 3.24.5.103 is now available. Notably - this includes a fix for issue #4627 which was reported overnight.

Other tweaks include:

• Fixed mistakenly copy-pasted exception message in GuidBuffer.Read. [Thanks Jdance!]
  • Fixed potential cause of a door/gate/window/etc snapping issue. [Thanks prank!]

Please note: New versions on the preview branch are designed to load older saves (backwards compatibility). However, the public branch typically cannot load saves made with newer versions (forwards compatibility). Therefore, if you plan to switch back to the public branch before the update is officially released, we recommend that you avoid loading important saves on the preview branch. Additionally, make sure to back up any maps before saving them in the level editor.

1 Like

IRC was intentional to be more “generic” since there are a few different tire models now.

This topic was automatically closed 25 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.