Proposition to "solve" KOS

i dont know who you are, i dont know what you want.

all i know is that i must kill.

No, not really.

Yeah, even then people wouldnt choose pve
So the solution is to make all servers pve only servers.

Yeah no. Missing the point there.
KoS should be an option, just not the be-all end-all.

Even better, if a player kills somebody else he dies.

I like the idea of hell hound packs attacking low karma players but I don’t want the players location to show up on the map if they have low karma

Since this thread is still open:
I really don’t get all the hate on KOS. Nobody wants vanilla Unturned to be a default roleplay game.
It’s survival, most of the time it all comes down to “kill or be killed”.
Sure, you can avoid players and let them pass, but what’s in it for you ?
Normally, i don’t encourage KOS and don’t quite take part in it, but it’s a fact that KOS is always going to be there and no matter what feature people come up with to limit KOS, it’s only going to introduce more confusing mechanics and a bunch of other things, that wouldn’t really work either way. Unless the system made for KOS is some godly power that strikes you down if you KOS 3 people, it just wouldn’t really work. And we all know that if you die just because you killed people, that’s now unfair and ruins the game.

So yeah, if KOS is such a problem for people, those people can go play roleplay or something, where the server treats KOS as they see fit.

Either that, or the community “grows up” and people collectively just reduce KOS, by just not doing KOS which is, again, really unlikely. This seems to be an issue in Unturned only. Rust, DayZ and other survival games don’t have 30 threads a month about some fancy way of getting rid of KOS, because that’s how survival games work most of the time.

4 Likes

Everyone we have announcement to make

Stop kosing

1 Like

Ah, being banned for an unreasonable amount of time for no clear or apparent reason hurts my back. But then seeing posts like these, only crack my back wide open like cracking open an expired Sunny D, if that makes sense.

Anyway,

Pretty sure someone came up with a good idea to encourage less KOS and more cooperation, by making cooperation easier to do or achieve. Instead of creating punitive systems, like hell hounds, to go out and hunt the “bad” players (which is in itself a dilemma because determining who is “bad” is extremely subjective) why not reward, or make better systems for cooperation amongst survivors?

How can you expect two completely random people to work together without, for say, voice or text chat? There is no humanity, or even, ability, to work together or navigate around each other.

If the Zombie Apocalypse were real, how would you go about making alliances? Or do you really think you could manage yourself by killing everything you see?

3 Likes

Met plenty of friendlies back In Elektro.

We both know why, but please do continue to play the victim.

This much we can agree on, a reward based system would work better than a punitive one. As for “good” and “bad”, that is quite easily and objectively quantifiable in this scenario.
If you shoot a player that is no threat to you you are “bad”. No, wanting his loot is not an excuse.

It is going to be quite hard to forge proper relationships when you life is on the line y’know.

3 Likes

pog, they added permanent blocking, just in time for when I come back.

1 Like

Should have went with that instead then. Ah well, here goes.

Can you people please stop talking about this we all know there is not a solution to KOS because KOS is not a problem.

3 Likes

If I ignore the problem it goes away

2 Likes

As much as I disagree with you on some topics, that is a damn good idea.

It’s a shame people dont want to agree with you just because of the stuff that happened, but I hope COOPERATION can occur between all of you.

Hey, I hope there won’t be anything to warrant you a ban anymore, have fun.

Well, if he does what he normally does and does not follow through with his claims then we are all good.

That it is. Problem is the type of incentive that would work for most people. Loot? XP? Some form of NPC access?

Damn this is still going? Thats nuts!
A good incentive btw could be something like increased loot drop or chance by working with others as like a passive/hidden stat since multiple people working together to find loot would likely result in finding more loot.

1 Like

I like that idea actually

1 Like

I think that there’s been enough argueing in here lmao

I have no idea how this topic hasn’t ended yet.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.