Public vehicle demo

vote if the vehicle demo should be public or not

• no, it should not be public
  • yes, it should be public

0 voters

2 Likes

just because you didn’t get the keys for the car, doesn’t mean it should be public

and besides, nelson doesn’t want the beta public because he doesn’t want people to be confused and think this is the real deal

also the mixed feedback

EDIT: How silly, i forgot to include the wave One link: Wave One

7 Likes

Nelson said that he doesn’t want unturned II vehicle demo to be public because a lot of people wouldn’t understand that it is not finished, those people would start complaining and it would ruin the forums and support for this game

11 Likes

why are the forum users so active btw, you guys are really fast lol.

2 Likes

Its Quite Simple:

The Steam workshop: A Pride for me, but a shitpost to others
Reddit: Boring and Unfunny
The Forum: Intellectual people with a minor shitpost problem

7 Likes

The vehicle demo is supposed to be a very small test for the incomplete vehicle mechanics we currently have. Nelson plans to bring in more people as the test evolves into a beta, and eventually make it public when he feels it is ready.

For now though, as the others have said, the reason he hasn’t done this is to avoid the impression that this is somehow a finished product. Hell, even when he shows the devlogs there’s always people criticizing things that haven’t even been finished yet.

9 Likes

I don’t even have it and i vote no.
It’s common sense that closed betas/alphas need to be closed. You can’t just give out the key to everyone, a YouTuber posts a video of that and how to get it and suddenly everyone floods in, starts criticizing stuff in broken english or completely different language other than English, starts writing random shit and all the useful feedback gets flooded into oblivion, never to be seen. The active forum members are active for a reason, and because of their dedication and CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, they’re fit for a closed beta key, so they actually give something helpful that can reach Nelson a lot faster and easier, leading to a better final result.

7 Likes

:sunglasses:

1 Like

I recommend no

• There’s barely anything to appeal to the public
  • It’s designed solely to show off a portion of what the dev has made for feedback, not for gameplay
  • Barebones features may cause confusion to those who don’t think thoroughly.

While you can say it’s nice to have something, it is for the best to keep it private along with the newer demos until at a certain point the build is adequate enough for public testing.

11 Likes

iS tHe sHoTgUn PlAcEhOlDeR

5 Likes

I disagree sorry :slightly_smiling_face:

Nelson hand-picked the people he wanted to give the keys to for a reason. He didn’t want too many people to use it and jump into conclusions or bombart him with random suggestions that are inevitable if the build goes public

2 Likes

ok thank you guys for joining my first post anyway

a doubt when you get the combat update of the demo most keys will be distributed?

There may be more keys that would be given to more people, yes.

Don’t know really.

tbh compared to gta 6 we get a shit ton of info about 4.0

Oh, so that’s why I got confused.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.