Quick idea for guns spawning

From that perspective and for that specific case, there may be skills that connect to each other in order to achieve certain actions. However, you’d still need at least some knowledge about guns to carve a proper stock for your gun.

Also, there are other stuff that could work to do makeshift stocks, e.g. metal pieces.

1 Like

love it. i dislike the whole skill thing but that is just my opinion.

Carving wood furnishings for a gun would probably require some degree of either gunsmithing, woodworking, or both to have higher chances of success

1 Like

Just made a quick-scan; fixed grammar mistakes and explained some things a bit further.

Maybe the lower durability caused the gun to jammed more. (100% with 0% chance to jammed, 50% with 50% chance to jammed, and 1% with 99% chance to jammed) along side with the lower damage from low durability.

As for the gunsmith skill. Sure I guess, combined a sniper rifle’s barrel with a shotgun will make this game funnier. /s

However, the “on which you can hack and tweak the guns pieces to improve them and making the gun perform better” part should required both gunsmith and engineering part. But you do you. (So you would need to putin more effort. Balancing it out.)

It’s quality, not durability. Durability of any object can be stupidly high, so that’s why we use Quality, or how good it is, not how long till it breaks.

Oh shoot.

But you get the idea.

In 3.X durability is technically the stat for how likely an item is to degrade, while quality is the stat for how broken or rotten the item is. However, I don’t really see why it matters that much, since the terms are used in the game’s code, but not used in-game.

I’m pretty sure it uses the word quality on both.

tl;dr: Durability is basically the mechanic that affects quality, which affects an item’s stats. However, most people don’t really bother with all that and make them pretty synonymous.

Quality is the percentage value you see next to many items in-game.

Durability is a term used in the game data to specify the degradation chance of an item. Although you can most definitely justifiably call an item’s chance at degrading its “durability,” I personally just use “degrade chance;” I find it less confusing for people that way.

It feels like a lot of people consider durability to be the same thing as quality, except that it’s often only used when talking about weapons because, frankly, the “durability of cheese” doesn’t sound right.

2 Likes

^This is what I was trying to say^

You totally misinterpreted mi idea right there, as that is impossible IRL, and so it should be in Unturned II.

As in the example I gave to @UltimateCatTree (which seems to be ignored by everyone), my suggestion implies that you should only attach pieces that are compatible to each other.

1 Like

This is what people do with old cars. They buy two, find the one in better condition, and use the other for parts.

2 Likes

I’ve seen some pretty durable cheeses though, the kind you need a grater for.

@AtomSplinter /s means they’re not being serious.

1 Like

It wasn’t clear if he was being sarcastic about the barrel thing or about that making the game “funnier” (this was the obvious one for me).

Why would someone put a sniper rifle barrel on a shotgun. That’s fairly a giveaway.

Besides the sarcastic quote. I do agreed on combining compatible parts with other guns. Would spice things up. I’m just not saying it out load. Or at all.

r/wooooooosh (body incomplete)

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.