Realistic cars (RWD:s, FWD:s and 4WD:s)

I dont know to much about cars myself, but it sounds like a good idea :+1:

2 Likes

This has already been the plan, and the Hatchback in-game is FWD!

8 Likes

Does it handle like one thou?

It does, from what I can tell. Handling is noticeably impacted, especially reversing or drifting.

2 Likes

Hopefully your judgement is correct.

well uhh, he is one of the guys who was able to test it, and he knows quite a lot, so I would trust him on that.

Nelson will hopefully be spending a lot more time on vehicles.
So far he has I’m looking forward to it, this is a good suggestion.

2 Likes

well, its hard to tell if it has anything to do with the fact that it is FWD. there is really no way to tell until we get something to compare it to.

i have the demo and i couldn’t really tell that it was FWD, but then again im not really a car expert.

2 Likes

So would it be harder to drive a RWD than a FWD? i guess it would add more skill to the game if it did wich coud be good

I guess both can be tricky in their own way but I guess RWD:s are a little trickier in general.

2 Likes

It already does. Unreal Engine uses Nvidia Physix for vehicles, wich uses this information to calculate how the car handles. It is a really complex system, used in AAA games. Here’s a demonstration:

4 Likes

Looks like the case is cloased for now then.

Issues that people have had with the in-game Hatchback and off-road driving (especially stuff like reversing when stuck) is due to it being FWD.

3 Likes

RWD becomes trickier to handle at higher speeds than FWD or AWD, but at slow-regular speeds there isnt much difference without a keen eye.

One thing that the drivetrain could affect is the effectiveness on loose or wet/frozen surfaces. In the rain, FWD would handle better than RWD. On ice and loose surfaces, AWD would handle better. RWD doesnt really prevail on any particular surface other than plain dry asphalt, so it could be made more common or cheaper to repair in return.

You are right but RWD:s still have a few advantages (like not suffering from understeer)

True, but if jerky enough they suffer from too oversteer

I’ve actually briefly touched this in a previous topic and yeah, different tractions should definitely be a thing!

also begone mitsubishi owner

3 Likes

Indeed, Bunta.

1 Like

this is so beautiful

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.