Recommend some good games

There are two singleplayer games that immediately jump out in my mind as titles I would recommend with absolutely zero hesitation.

RimWorld is a phenomenal sim game with huge storytelling value, absurd gameplay possibilities, and the best modding community I’ve seen in a game outright with respect to both quality and quantity (I run over 200 well-made mods with negligible performance impacts, it basically puts Skyrim to shame). The price is a bit on the higher side, but it is the only game in my entire Steam Library that I paid full price for without any regrets. The relatively new Royalty DLC is in no way required to get the most out of the game; though it does add some neat things, it’s more to support the devs honestly.

Brigador: Up Armored Edition is a truly hidden gem. An isometric sci-fi mech/vehicular combat game, it was an commercial flop on release in 2017 (due to being unable to generate enough publicity) despite having a unique and well-executed mix of mechanical depth, deep worldbuilding, excellent dystopian synth soundtrack, gorgeous artstyle, and satisfying gameplay arc. (Brigador is actually on sale right now at a historical low so I’d genuinely recommend snagging this one)

RimWorld is a game you can lose hundreds of hours to with ease in sustained sessions, while Brigador is great in quick stints of intense tactical action. They complement each other well in my library and they will in yours as well :)))

5 Likes

I think there’s enough games to play for like few months.

Thank you all for these recommendations! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Just snagged on sale, is gud

There’s a lot of good games that were suggested! Bit disappointed nobody recommended Hollow Knight, nor XCOM 2: War of the Chosen.

1 Like

Hollow knight deffo a good one. Still haven’t completed that though …

Space Engineers if u like to fuck around with physics and stuff. survival mode is fun too but can be grindy

you’re not a real gamer if you haven’t played at least half this list

1 Like

DooM ETERNAL

Iw4x, COD BO2 Plutonium, Ironsight, Roblox (Phantom forces), Planetside 2, Argo, Hired Ops, Contract Wars, Skillwarz, Ravenfield, Dungeon Defenders 2, Overwatch.

You’re not a real gamer if you don’t have a roblox wife and kids

2 Likes

Factorio is a good game

1 Like

I see I have a lot of homework

1 Like

I liked it at first but then got bored

If you are into roguelikes, I recommend Synthetik. It’s hard and rewarding once you get hang of it. It’s veeeery replayable aswell so I recommend picking it up even on full price.

soda drinker pro

1 Like

Heavy Rain

Minecraft on SEUS shaders.

Shaaaaaaaaaaaun.mp4

1 Like

This was the first thing I installed

If you like realistic shooters then insurgency sandstorm is pretty good.