Remove Hair Colour restrictions for Non-Gold users

I was thinking recently about cosmetics and realised that with all the recent releases of hats that use the player’s hair colour, I was wondering if perhaps now would be the time to stop restricting hair colour for non-gold users. Some cosmetics, like the motorcyclist and mining helmet, look quite strange with the non-gold hairstyle options, with no option to use a more typical colour for it. Since non-gold players can have these cosmetics, perhaps it’s time to remove this restriction?

5 Likes

Most of players just buys the Gold upgrade for the “green skin color” reason (I’m saying most, not everyone, just to clarify). With this, those non Gold players would be able to set their hair color to green without needing Gold (yeah is not all the player skin color, but is something), and this would maybe resulting in less money for Nelson x.x

1 Like

we all love freebies, but what’s more important to us is the support of the developers, especially when they release updates so that we can continue to play the game, the most I could add is more variety in hairstyles.

1 Like

Most players I’ve seen with the gold upgrade don’t use a green skin, maybe I just got lucky and didn’t encounter that many but I really doubt that most players buy it specifically for that reason.

free drops should be restricted under gold users. Hair color should be allowed to be changed full colors but everything else customizable should stay as standard

3 Likes

Many but not most

This seems like a decent trade. Seems reasonable to allow customized hair colors if curated maps continue to bring cosmetics that use hair color.

2 Likes

I’d be hesitant to remove anything from the Gold Upgrade rather than adding to it. Ideally, yes, drops for Gold members would be nice, and would hopefully circumvent the bot problem. If Valve adds support for a DLC ownership requirement to playtime drops then I would likely enable it.

5 Likes

I think that’s reasonable. I do think it’s still worth considering unrestricted hair though for the previously mentioned reasons.

1 Like

doesnt cs2 have this? I recall you having to own prime for you to level up and get drops

1 Like

There’s several features used by Valve games that are not available to other developers.

4 Likes

FWIW, I did post on the Inventory Service discussion board and a couple of other developers mentioned interest or intent to do something similar. The developer of Alien Swarm: Reactive Drop has a clever approach, but it doesn’t seem like it will work in our case. If we’re lucky maybe Valve will implement something for this!

3 Likes

this would be really good, i miss collecting skins

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.