Removing Trees

I accidentally created a bunch of trees all on top of each other in the editor. The red dots pop up to show you can remove them, but it’s not even possible to have them removed. I had some other people try but also failed in their attempt. Any ideas on how to fix this? I have tried changing the settings for the brush as well as changing the heights of the terrain. They are outside the normal bounds of the map, but only slightly.

If these are the only trees in the entire map, you could just delete the entire Trees.dat file to get rid of them.

To clarify: is the map already publicly available on the Steam Workshop for people to look at directly?

Not at the moment, but I’m going to try deleting Trees.dat since it is the only ones on the map. Thank you Edit: Deleting Trees.dat worked

1 Like

It’s unfortunate that we weren’t able to pinpoint the specific issue/fix, but I’m glad that you were in a position where just deleting the Trees.dat was a sufficient enough solution.

My only guess is that you may have been trying to use [Shift] to remove them, but they were actually baked so you should’ve used [Alt] instead.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.