RFC: Banning Purchase of Individual In-Game Items

Exactly. Why do everyone cry about P2W server. Mostly that 10 years old kids who begging like ****

I think this should be implemented ASAP

4 Likes

If you bother to reply at least have the decency to elaborate and give your thoughts.

4 Likes

Sounds nice. I donā€™t have much say into the matter, though all I can say is that Iā€™m fine with putting a stop to exploitation or shady practises

Though I do wonder on some things if the server regulations are put into effect (sorry if these may be simple to answer, or would be elaborated in the future, Iā€™m not very knowledgable):

• How will these offending servers be reported (And maybe who handles the reports)?
  • What does the warning/ban do? Iā€™m unsure what/who it applies to but does it ban a specific user to host servers or the server itself from being run?
  • Since people may resort to an alternative design, would it be a problem if its enters a grey area? I can guess there would be a lot of fuss with what people add in their servers
1 Like

The majority of the Unturned population is made out of young kids that are immature so i feel it is not right to have a child pay real life money that they got access to with who knows what means just to buy a single digital item that is very easy to loose as 1 death and its gone although the experience i look at the same way as fortnite adding money kids can buy as its not much different, but a single item that you cant get refunded or a new one if you loose it is just wrong when one to immature kids

5 Likes

On this note I have a bit more understanding.

I agree to the 1 item that cant be gotten again, but I feel as though in-game currency should remain purchasable.

1 Like

personally I fully support the banning of selling in game currencies for real money, I see it as being comparable to having a subscription service to a cheat client, the amount of power that paying for in game currencies give you is absolutely ridiculous, and I have played on many servers where no matter what you do you barely make any money whatsoever, unless you pay.

10 Likes

Pls do make this rule

5 Likes

This should definitely be implemented, p2w has ruined too many unturned servers

5 Likes

True, but I think you should consider that in this scenario that its the parentā€™s fault. I know a parent doesnt always have time to look over their childā€™s shoulder, but itā€™s up to them. Its sort of in the same mindset of letting youā€™re kid buying a rated M game. I have no opinion on this as of yet, I need to perform my own research about how some of the servers listed operate, but just food for thought.
TLDR; Parents should be watching what their child purchases. Unturned Devs should be monitoring predatory behavior, but you canā€™t expect them to watch over a child. Its just some servers have found out how to exploit it, and grow a Monopoly on it.

I say ban it all. I believe the only thing people should pay money for in Unturned whatsoever is cosmetics, but thatā€™s just me.

Either way even if you just implement what youā€™re saying now that would be amazing. I 100% support this.

3 Likes

Well here I have egg on my face when rain wins the p2w battle

3 Likes

Can you at least attempt to make a solid argument instead of using this problematic issue as an attempt to pull a dig at someone? Modern Roleplay is barely even P2W, nothing you get or receives benefits you to the point where youā€™re basically OP. You buy VIP, MVP and such to get lower cooldowns, extra buildable slots etc. Thereā€™s no real winner in Creative Roleplay, so to call his server P2W is absolutely pointless. Plus, this was a serious conversation, about a serious issue. IMO You shouldnā€™t just be leaving pointless digs or anything without any actual arguements.

1 Like

if modern isnt p2w heā€™s got nothing to worry about! :smiley:

6 Likes

How will these offending servers be reported (And maybe who handles the reports)?

Reports could be submitted through email to me, and hopefully it would become less of an issue over time as awareness of the rule spread.

What does the warning/ban do? Iā€™m unsure what/who it applies to but does it ban a specific user to host servers or the server itself from being run?

Currently we can ban servers by address or a name regex. Warnings would be shown on the server lobby screen. Bans would hide the server from the server list. In the past bans have blocked joining servers entirely (i.e. connect button says ā€œserver is bannedā€) but depending on the situation perhaps it should be a confirmation before the player can connect.

I think to help clarify which servers are banned we would also provide a public webpage with a list of all banned servers along with ban reason.

Since people may resort to an alternative design, would it be a problem if its enters a grey area? I can guess there would be a lot of fuss with what people add in their servers

Based off other comments it does seem like grey areas will be a problem. Thankfully all the feedback is helping outline what is or is not okay.

6 Likes

Eat it Brad.But thank you Nelson for doing this but idk if thereā€™s gotta be some fix with server lag and low FPS shit can you do a brief guide on how to fix a lag problem or how to balance FPS and Ping

1 Like

This should be added, as a person who doesnā€™t really go onto server very often, (and when it is its survival PvP) I will occasionally hop onto an RP server, mainly for some giggles. I have seen ā€œBUY x number of xp FOR x amount of money NOWā€ just in the chat and everywhere else. I genuinely think the addition of this will make Unturned less toxic as a whole.

and yes i made this account specifically for posting this

2 Likes

I completely agree, if a player doesnā€™t like that you can purchase items then they can just leave.

I 100% agree with all these points

Okay, weā€™ve actually found a fine balance. This actually seems reasonable. Itā€™s not to the point where servers canā€™t make money for operating costs but it still prevents blatant P2W. @SDGNelson However there should still be a price limit on how much a permanent rank, kit, unlock, benefit, etc. sells for. Depending on the item. ($10 limit for kit, $30 for rank, $15 for benefit, and an in-between for an unlock)

@DeusExMachina I agree for the most part, players should run their servers how they want. What I think Nelson is proposing is completely reasonable and minimalistic. It should be enough.