Riot shield

It would be a good idea to add a (maybe craftable) riot shield to the game.

1 Like

I don’t support the idea of it being craftable, but if a Riot Shield is implemented it should use health as durability, and could only reliably absorb damage from handguns, since anything larger than .45 will likely penetrate.

1 Like

I saw a video where some guy was shooting different grades of bullets in different shovels. surprisingly, some shovels are bulletproof. you should be able to craft a riot shield out of tools or something, but this would only stop low caliber bullets, or a certain number of melee hits

The Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_eIsR2XoqM&t=0s&list=PLv5kWpv65lwWEty7gf8uRlqbXMMtHlrg6&index=2

No craftable riot shield.

I do think adding a riot shield that helps block small rounds and reduce the damage of bigger rounds would be a nice, minor addition for Police (or possible SWAT) spawns for 4.0.

1 Like

Maybe a separate riot shield, and ballistic shield. A riot shield being the more common plexiglass kind that is proof against melee attacks. A ballistic shield being the less common metal kind, that is “bullet proof.”

it would be cool to temporarily subdue zombies with it as some sort of horde control strategy

I say that this would make a nice addition to the game. Definitely anything above .45 should penetrate to balance it, and it should not be able to be fixed, and have a semi rare spawn (itsbalancedbecauseitsrare.mp4)

A not craftable SWAT riot shield would be a nice idea. You could equip it in the inventory and use it together with an one-handed weapon. But while Attack with it the shiel will get a bit sidewyes so you can be hit from the front. The shiel should avert every damage by melee weapons (except chainsaws), by pistols and sub machine guns, but snipers, (maybe only some) assault rifles and (maybe only some) machine guns. can break it.

I also would like it to block with melee weapons melee attacks by press down both mouse buttons.

No. Letting people use another weapon with it would make it a bit OP, especially in the low tier loot game, when you’re both armed with 9mm pistols.

i didnt say it would reduce the damage of big rounds. they would go through fully, cause what is a bullet which is slowed down by 50 mph gonna do? a lot.

I don’t think a ballistic shield would be low tier loot.

Here’s a couple of other ideas

• A tactical shield that would be smaller than the ballistic shield, but still provide some protection from bullets.
  • A mantlet type vehicle that would be stamina powered, and slow, but provide a large amount of protection on the front and sides.
  • Maybe some form of small shield that would function as a glove?
  • Maybe some form of small shield that could be attached to guns?
  • Maybe have integral lights, or mounting points on equipped shields?

I never said ‘ballistic shield’. It should be about medium rarity, and a riot shield that can stop up to .45. Anything more and it would be OP.

If anything it should be a ballistic shield. Riot shields are only good for blocking melee attacks, it’s not designed to block lead going at high speeds. A crossbow can literally impale the shield and the carrier both with 1 hit. So the riot shield won’t be much of help. But a ballistic shield will be able to block bullet, only from the front and at the same time, the player holding the shield can’t do anything unless he/she removes the shield and equips another weapon (that’s the balance for it). Shields will have hitpoints that match 2x a Mega’s health, but will break eventually if not fixed before it reaches 0%
It can only be places in the primary slot and the deploy time should be 1 second.

3 Likes

A riot shield that stops bullets would be a ballistic shield.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.