Screen shake, Flinch, aimpunch

I would like to bring up the topic of flinch in the game and see what the community thinks about it, because I think it spoils the gameplay, especially during vanilla gameplay, where it is most noticeable, but not only on regular vanilla, because also on sandbox servers

The patch increasing flinch and recoil has been with us for quite some time, during which time I played quite a lot on vanilla servers and noticed that the problem with flinch is quite big, often fights with other players are completely random and unbalanced

As for the recoil, the change is as right as possible and was needed. Weapons in the game had no recoil and were unskillful. At the moment, at least Matamorez is no longer as strong as it used to be and it is impossible to shoot full auto across the map

There are servers where, for buying a rank, the flinch is mitigated by maximizing the Toughness skill. But with vanilla, for example, it is not always possible to use the experience on toughness, which is why I think flinch can remain in the game, but should be weakened, because it is just too noticeable and gives too much randomness during fights, let’s not kid ourselves unturned is not as realistic survival game as dayz is a bit more arcade. Still, even in these heavily survival games aimpunch and flinch is not that strong
aimpunch

3 Likes

There is definetly something going on with the aimpunch. In the earlier days I either never spent any exp on Toughness or upgraded just the first two levels and it was enough. Now I max it out immediately after I get the basic movement/combat skills done. It is a bit wonky.

1 Like

I just came back to Unturned today, and was getting my servers up and running when I discovered this new update while playing some Vanilla. This is hands down the DUMBEST edition to the game. PVP fights where you are shot first are already difficult to turn around. This update just doubles down on first person to shoot gets the kill. It nerfs players who have the ability to turn around a gun fight with quick aim. It drops skill as a factor for those defending. Vanilla servers are dwindling and adding pointless discouragements make kitpvp/maxskill servers more appealing to new players. I love vanilla. If this feature remains, I just can’t play Unturned. I’ve seen lots of pointless tweaks and ■■■■■■■ UI changes for filler updates. But this straight up sucks. The update wasn’t thought out and wasn’t tested, it was added for the illusion of content to show the game is still being updated. Please keep BS additions limited to UI changes and minor shit. Don’t go changing a core feature of a game 9 years deep. If character spams were in the game since the start of 3.0 it wouldn’t have even made it to the Canada map, this game would have died with Alpha Valley.

2 Likes

I played around for a bit recently and oh man, the aimpunch is garbage. Max sharpshooter, max toughness, vertical grip, first person ads prone shooting a guy who managed to get a first hit and right when I aimed at him and started shooting my sight flew above his head and I died managing to only get a couple arm shots while fighting the aim punch. This is beyond ridiculous, the game was never like it.

1 Like

Yep thats sucks. even with all the recoil-reducing tactics and aimpunch, you’re still able to lose because of such a large bounce when you’re getting damage

1 Like

Personally, I also think that it should be changed a little bit because of the fact that the duels are not equal

2 Likes

bump,if not reduce this “Feature” game wide servers should be able to modify the amount of aimpunch/blindness when taking damage. PVP is a core aspect of the game,and most players especially new ones won’t be in large groups where you can tag-team enemies. Its unfair for players who play in smaller groups. Or you just get shot from random place and you cant kill the enemy directly infront of you because of the aimpunch.

1 Like

Ye thats to good idea it should be modificable by server settings

I think the aimpunch thing was good for pvp servers and maps like arid and elver where skills arent that big a deal, i feel like it makes pvp a bit more in depth for stuff like that, but i would agree its too much for vanilla with the skill system being how it is, aim punch isnt bad at all in my opinion with decent skills, but since the skill system is the way it is maybe it changes the way the update was supposed to work in terms of what nelson intended, i dont wanna speak for him but i dont think he necessarily would have this effect for maps/servers with more difficult skill systems, really i think the skill system should be overridden which maybe would even fix this issue in general. idk though no real way to tell until it would be implemented. but i also know people never complain about this on servers and maps with better skill systems

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.