Server instantly crashes

Started up my old servers for the first time in a while (after updating the files), and it instantly crashes.

Here’s the script it’s running (I don’t think this is affecting it because the same thing happened when I used the shortcut to Unturned.exe instead):

:unturned
ECHO [%time%] Unturned started.
Unturned.exe -logFile “Servers%INSTANCENAME%\Rocket\Unturned.log” -nographics -batchmode -silent-crashes +secureserver/%INSTANCENAME%
ECHO [%time%] WARNING: Unturned closed or crashed, restarting.
ping 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 3000 >nul
GOTO unturned

The files that the error message refers to:

https://pastebin.com/xwKf7ur4
https://pastebin.com/Ds8kimHS

Please upload your crash logs.

1 Like

Where would this log be located?

Usually it generates a special crash folder inside the Unturned folder.
If its not there, remove “-silent-crashes” option from your .bat and also post your Servers\server\Rocket\Unturned.log file as well please.

1 Like

I removed -silent-crashes and it is still not generating either of those files.

Can you replace -logFile “Servers%INSTANCENAME%\Rocket\Unturned.log” with -logfile “Servers\%INSTANCENAME%\Rocket\Unturned.log” (notice the lowercase -logfile and the additional \)?

This should generate it, hopefully.

1 Like

This forum replaces normal quotes with some other type of them. You should use the normal quotes by inserting them manually.

1 Like

It still won’t generate any of those
It repeats trying to start up until it crashes every time

Did check if its using the correct quotes character?

1 Like

I didn’t change any of the quotes, just fixed the / and the logfile

Can you post your full startup script to hastebin.com?

1 Like

Also, do you have any workshop mods installed?

1 Like

No mods, https://hastebin.com/ojorukidic.sql
I’m using another batch file to start start.bat,
it has in it

@ECHO OFF
start.bat Russia

Can you try starting a fresh server with a command like this?

start Unturned.exe -nographics -batchmode -logfile game.log +secureserver/testserver

Does this generate any “game.log” inside the Unturned folder?

1 Like

I put that in a batch file right next to Unturned.exe and it started up like a normal server would. It created game.txt

In that case I think the issue was either the bat you used or your previous server configuration.

1 Like

Do you know of a script I could still use so that the server will start back up if it crashes or shuts down?

:unturned
ECHO [%time%] Unturned started.
Unturned.exe -nographics -batchmode -logfile game.log +secureserver/myserver
ECHO [%time%] WARNING: Unturned closed or crashed, restarting.
ping 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 3000 >nul
GOTO unturned

You could use something like this. Just replace “myserver” with your server instance.

2 Likes

Thank you. Is there a way to remove the terminate batch job prompt after the server closes?

My batch knowledge is limited. I just based this off of the script you provided.
Also maybe remove the “-logfile game.log” part again as this will likely cause issues when you run multiple instances from the same Unturned folder at the same time.

1 Like