Server Options for the new update

nelson wrote on Twitter that he will be adding a server option for the third-person recoil multiplier.
in my opinion, adding server options for everything nullifies nelsons work and basically, every single server will revert back the updates just like the movement update. please nelson continue developing your game and the player base will adjust.

2 Likes

Why should a sandbox game limit people like this? More options = better imo

4 Likes

Unturned isn’t a sandbox game. You’d hope to be able to join a server and play the game as it was intended. Ultimately if server owners are switching off features that were added to diversify the game, simply to preserve a boring PvP meta, then I don’t think that’s preferable. It’s really jarring for me to join a server and have the old movement shoved in my face.

3 Likes

More choice is hardly ever a bad idea. This way the greenskins can play how they want and the 1st person chads can too. It was fun seeing them screech but at the end of the day they should be able to host a server the way they want to, not the way Nelson wants.

1 Like

I agree but unturned doesn’t have a Vanilla experience anymore other than a few x10 tpa home kits servers that are like semi vanilla so its insanely hard to find a good server that doesn’t just diaable any new thing nelson makes.

Do you guys even play :joy: its all pvp greenskins they control servers

Okay, and that changes what I said how? It doesn’t. If anything this should help to reign in the greenskins.

Look, i hate it when he adds all this new stuff and then decides to give the option to turn it off. IMHO movement, recoil, explosions shake, flinch (and probably bullet velocity and travel time) are all CORE mechanics in this game. Keeping some consistency between servers is good. When he adds multiple options for server owners, while its good, it means that between each server you have to check what it is and play based off that which isnt super fun. I like these updates but its a shame when i know most servers will not adopt it if you give the option. Idk i think there shouldnt be the choice but thats just me

2 Likes

this argument will be invalid for as long as SOD continues operating their servers

2 Likes

EU servers ;(

Even without adding these Settings, the server administrator will still use add-ons to make the game into another game. This change is just so that the server administrator doesn’t have to find someone to make the add-ons.

SOD has EU servers though…

It would be better if programmers could easily turn it off. I don’t think it should be a configurable setting. I would rather like server owners to go through extra work to disable it.

why would you want this?

why would you want this?

Because if it is harder to disable, then perhaps the server owner would actually consider not changing it. Alongside that, not all server owners have programming experience, which would prevent a bunch of server owners from disabling the option. It is a pretty rude thing to do, but at least it pushes people to accept the new changes for what they are.

who says people are gonna exclusively use this multiplier to make things easier? what if server owners want 3rd person recoil to not be 2x, but 3x?

Hmm, quite true, but I believe you can already do so by modifying the weapon’s .DAT file (or you can modify ItemModifier to also change recoil). However, that would require a bunch of work. I am just concerned about people throwing a good update in the trash. If the configuration option gets added it won’t be the end of the world I guess.

I think having the ability to throw this update in the trash is a good thing. Freedom of choice. I personally like the update, but that doesn’t mean everyone has to agree with me. some people will prefer to play unturned with the old mechanics, and that’s fine. you should be able to respect that too.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.