Shadowstalkers Comeback

for the ammount of realism nelson wants for 4.x a shadowstalker does NOT work, but if its added I’d onty want it to be in arena servers, or perhaps just the horde mode.

Just because 4.0 is going to be more realistic doesn’t mean something like a railgun couldn’t added. There are plenty of games which have futuristic weapons, yet tackle them in a realistic fashion. Realistic doesn’t exactly have to mean real.

If the Shadowstalker does come back I hope it gets reworked a bit to be less of a one shot explosive round type weapon.

1 Like

Not sure if shadowstalker would fitted for any theme of map.

Unless that it has aliens.

Personally I hope it stays the way it is.

It fills it own litthe niche well.

Uses civilian ammunition.

Has scope that can see down the molecular level.

Can be used as secondary.

Enter Shadowstalker : Lite

/s

1 Like

From what I understand, we’re not allowed to have high powered or modern day advanced weaponry because the community says it’s too overpowered and can’t possibly be balanced no matter what. I beg to differ as well, but I get mud shoved down my throat when I make a point about it.
(this post is mainly satire and to be understood in a comical sense. Bad ideas are really just good ideas poorly applied.)

1 Like

Genuinely curious: really? I don’t think people have disagreed with (for example) the Grizzly returning again tbh, and that seems like high-powered/modern-day weaponry.

I thought people have just disagreed with stuff like portable full-auto heat-seeking missile launchers being added in the game.

7 Likes

Heat-seeking only makes sense on a military vehicle, aka fighter jets, and would probably only lock onto camp fires, or other fighter jets.

The .50 cal rifle is modern yes, but has it’s roots in WWII, so it’s modernized, but still uses basic firearm tech.

Electromagnetic weapons are Modern/post-modern, but they either are super advanced, or a very basic plinking gun similar to an airgun. A portable package such as a Shadowstalker is not feasable, a small gunner mounted one on a ship or in a bunker… maybe

A computer-aided scope is also modern day, though it’s rather expensive, and quite restricting to the shooter as it requires you to mark your target, and will only let you fire when you’re aiming where it shows you to. Granted it does this by measuring the distance and showing you how high up to aim, but if your target moves out of sight then you have to mark them again. Ideal for hunting, but not so great if you’re in a firefight. It’d still be better to get experience using the same gun with a zeroed scope and aiming based on experience.

Other ideas please? Most bad ideas are usually just good ideas poorly applied.

I’d understand people being against this if their reasoning delved into it being “rather expensive.” If it’s something very few people have, then I’d agree with anyone who argued that, reasonably, we probably wouldn’t ever find one.

Yeah, and people have kinda suggested this when they’ve suggested scopes with built-in rangefinders and stuff. I think the big thing that would set people off on a suggestion like this is that, without any of the above quoted context, most people would assume the suggestion is just for a scope that provides extreme levels of aim assist.

Which kinda leads to what you’ve said at the end of your above post:

A lot of ideas just need to give proper context. There’s a lot of posts that end up just posting a few key words or a couple of pictures without actually describing the suggestion in a meaningful way. People shouldn’t have to assume the original poster’s intentions behind a suggestion. Everyone should be on the same page on that, 100%.

People can contribute their own versions of the idea, but imo the original poster definitely needs to give their own to start with. A suggestion post with actual elaboration by the original poster is infinitely better than just a “thoughts on x?” type of post. People need somewhere to ground their thoughts. Helps when people discuss their opinions among each other, and helps people formulate their own thoughts about such a suggestion being implemented.

1 Like

I absolutely understand, and my original “Thoughts on X Scope” proves that. I didn’t have a solid idea on how it would work when I first posted it and honestly, despite the toxicity, that whole thing actually helped me figure out how such a thing could be done in a balanced way. I never got around to posting a new fleshed out topic on it though… coughProcrastinationcough
I was never good at anything past a rough draft in language arts anyways.

1 Like

“Super Advance”

I make a mini shadownstalker with a coil and a power plug
=D

*aims *
FFFFFSSSHHHHHHT!
THUNK
Ow, hey, watch where you’re aiming that plinker!

Or a weapon super strangre like the Gauss Rifle of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.