Shield

Found in police stations has the durability equivalent to the life of a player protect from arrows, blows with melee weapons, zombie attacks and shots of arms little powerful, if broken case there is no to fix talthough it can be repaired sometimes (I have no idea of ​​the material needed to fix a super tough glass maybe a super tough glass?), can be used along with pistols and melee weapons, can be used to push players and zombies.

3 Likes

:thinking:

4 Likes

Sounds like a good idea

1 Like

Shields have already been directly suggested in the original posts of atleast two threads, here’s what I said in them:

3 Likes

Arrows are the direct counter to ballistic shields. Well, crossbows at the very least. Because they can puncture the shield and the person wielding it and still stick out the other end.

You meant to say that about riot shields right?

That is what’s in the picture, isn’t it?

Well you said ballistic shield (which means the kind that stops some bullets)

And how do you plan on implementing that?

Hold a button that activates shield defense and use a mouse button.

“Some”
That is a key word. We can make it to have the ability to stop low caliber .45s and 9mm
But not enough to stop 5.56s and 7.62s and such

Possibly an item you need to carry in your hands all the time or else you drop it?

I’m still not sure what you were thinking of when you said

but they’re not

That piece of plexiglass would not reliably protect against bullets except maybe those of a gallery gun, garden gun, pocket pistol, or wax dueling pistol cartridges or arrows, but an actual ballistic shield would be rated to stop both arrows and pistol bullets and possibly even some rifle cartridges, but increased protection comes at the cost of increased weight, which means the shield will have to be made smaller (meaning it protects a smaller area) or will need more than just one hand to support it (it could require the other hand, it could take up a clothing slot, it could operate as a manually powered vehicle, etc.)

Examples of the variety of things that actually fall within the category of ballistic shields:

shield

level-iiia-without-view-port-ballistic-shield-42

Ballistic-Shield-21-150x200

largeshield
mechanizedshield

I don’t know why, but I am getting a strong feeling of deja vu throughout this conversation.

sorry, I may have chosen the wrong words. I meant to talk about riot shields (the picture), but for some reason, “ballistic shield” came to mind. Riot shields can be worked around, given its weaknesses and strengths. But ballistic shields are more PvP based. We don’t want somthing that protects you from rifle cartridges, despite the size. A riot shield can be good to work around with because you can make it break to an unfixable point, have it block melee attacks mostly and can be used to push off enemies with very minimal damage, or no damage at all.
The real damage to the shield happens when using bullets and arrows from Crossbows and Compound bows

tbf I’m cool with something like this if it’s used like in CS and is like a 1x2 or 2x2 in inventory

1x2? Hell nah
2x2? Ef no
3x2 is the least for something as a melee-proof shield that protects your front

i proposed 1x2 because it’s the size of full size doors lol

But at the same time larger than a Maplestrike… or any other assault rifle

I guess that’s the paradox we face with 3.0 inventory proportions ¯_(ツ)_/¯

The fact that a full wooden floor is the same size as 2 flashlights or a hat

1 Like