Silencer buff

Silencer buff

They have muzzle flash, trash durability break in 40-50 shots and after that they lose all of their properties, compared to muzzles which only lose the muzzle flash hiding capabilities. You barely can go through a full magazine, forget about the drum before your suppressor breaks. And after all of that you have to carry a blowtorch and at least 3 scrap and have skill points to fix the damn thing. Can these things get a durability buff? In my opinion they should last atleast 200 shots + hide the flash.

2 Likes

It’s long been controversial how fragile silencers are. I think I added the durability penalties to them after I played through MGSV. Silencers are super powerful considering you can shoot zombies without attracting others and attack players without revealing your position as easily. I want using a silencer to be a conscious decision rather than the default go-to attachment.

3 Likes

In multiplayer everyone consciously decides not to use them now though and they are just a waste of an attatchment spawn

1 Like

But that made the barrel the go to attachment for everyone. And if you want stealth people usually use the muzzle because it hides the flash. And for zombie killing capabilities if you want stealth kills it’s way better to just use a knife or just hold out until you get a honeybadger or another integrally suppressed weapon or even a bow. Through all the time i had sunk in this game playing modded servers vanilla and everything in between once after dying to a guy with a suppressor I thought that thats why he won and that its OP. Even when playing with mods which have suppressors with no durability. I couldn’t say the same about muzzles though.

2 Likes

I would probably not add internally suppressed guns now. Or apply the same maintenance requirements to them. :wink_zombie_:

1 Like

Maybe making silencers last twice as long would be good enough?

1 Like

I feel like a system of the suppressor overheating could be a good alternative to it breaking. For example, the fact you would need to wait for the suppressor to cool down after full auto or a burst, if you don’t you risk breaking it, I think it would be a good mix of balance and usability, with the suppressor being a lot more useful than they are currently, with them right now being a waste of an attachment point.

P.S
I think a complete rehaul of the overall current attachments would be a good idea and would, encourage the player to use different combinations of attachments, instead of the community’s acclaimed meta attachments. (But I feel like this is highly subjective)

3 Likes

I think a better alternative that wouldn’t require significant reworks would be making suppressor wear for each shot dependent on how much damage the weapon deals. That way higher power guns, such as a sabertooth, could fire less shots with a suppressor before it breaks than something like a viper or a cobra. I think this would be somewhat realistic and also better for gameplay purposes since it would make people actually use supressors.

Something similar for muzzles would be nice as well, nobody really uses those either.

2 Likes

Same can be achieved with melee, the only edge that a supressed weapon has is that the zombie kill can be achieved over a distance… which is not that powerful. Unturned is not a stealth game comparable to MGSV where the supressor durability makes too much sense.

Attachments in Unturned are almost entirely straight up upgrades for the weapons and supressor besides the volume reduction and changing the gun audio is not beneficial at all, compared to the muzzle attachment that vastly reduces recoil (even after its durability goes down to 0%) or the barrel that makes hipfire much more viable with its accuracy increase. From a pvp standpoint there is hardly any reason to use it, especially when muzzle’s stats are so powerful (40% vertical recoil reduction and 20% horizontal ???)

In normal gameplay the players are a bigger threat, not the zombies, the ability to take down players easier is vastly more beneficial. Alerting the zombies only forces you to shift+w for couple seconds before they become irrelevant.

To add on to the main post, I really like the direction in which Polaris has pushed the weapon barrel attachments, with a muzzle brake providing tiny damage increase and small recoil/accuracy improvement, compensator with the most recoil reduction and supressor reducing the audible range and removing the muzzle flash while also improving the recoil slightly, all of those obviously not having durability tied to them. Those stat traits could easily be transferred over to the vanilla attachments to reduce the imbalance of the muzzle attachment.

5 Likes

I mostly agree but I feel like there shouldn’t be a seperate muzzle and compensator. Also, I don’t know if it’s just me, but I feel like the muzzle hiding the bullet tracer is sort of a disadvantage for ranged combat (makes it harder to see where your shots are hitting and compensate for it) so I feel like if it hid the muzzle flash but not tracers it could be more viable.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.