Skill Concept

This has been talked about before; I think the base idea is good but its a bit grindy and annoying imo.

1 Like

I agree on the timing, it shouldn’t have to take too long to increase a skill. Perhaps say, around 10 or more minutes would be long enough so that you don’t get full skills after running around for a minute or two.

1 Like

I’m planning to make an in-depth mega suggestion on this topic similar to how I have regarding survival mechanics.

Regulars and fellow quality contributors, be on the lookout!

4 Likes

Make sure to credit me, will ya?

I’ve got like five mega suggestions that never get worked on lol.

Uh, no, I meant that I had skill-related ideas before this post. I was planning on getting around to an in-depth suggestion on skills on 4.0.

Your post is fine though

Reminds me of my suggestion about adaptive skill progressions…

Link?
(Damn you, 10 chars!)

Just search skill related suggestions btw, there’s quite a lot of them

what if you had a sort of separate skill tree, like especially for things like immunity, that could still get xp and be grown that way? Or maybe just use xp as sort of a booster, thats kinda a way of using points for power.

All in all, I don’t actually like skill trees that much, but stuff like The Escapists has some really great methods or working it out – work out to get stronger, read or go on the internet to get smarter, except that it’s a little bit time consuming.

Project Zomboid has an interesting skill system. I recommend you check it out for further ideas for your in-depth topic.

I’m really anxious to see that. I’ve had my own thoughts as well, but I’ve never made a new topic as it seems that everyone is discussing about it and showing up a lot of their own ideas. It gave me the feeling like that whole thing is “under control”, wether talking about the community or Nelson.

I’ll find out properly any pros and cons into any serious in-depth suggestion or the official first layout for the skills system, however.

Sort of like gta v?

1 Like

sounds of agreement

Don’t forget mine as well

@Yarrrr remember this old piece? XD

I think it’s safe to say my in depth topic will probably be the most complex skill system ever devised for the game. Expect a level of quality from that of my other large suggestions such as Sectionalized Clothing, Survival Overhaul, or Vehicle Overhaul.

It’s a symbiotic fusion of various systems like NEO Scavenger, Project Zomboid, Unturned 3.0, various RPGs, WatchDogs, Final Fantasy, the Wargaming series, RimWorld, and a crapton of other games.

But yes, I most certainly have taken every major skill system idea into account, if that manages to quell your concerns.

@AtomSplinter I would appreciate seeing your feedback and criticism when it does come out.

1 Like

Yeah, like in Skyrim.

That will definitely be a hell of a topic to read in that case. Good luck writing it (if you have already written it good job :+1: I’ll get to reading it!)

The skill system I feel like is a massive section of the game and it must be done right. It must have a lot of depth to it. So it will definitely be a good worthy the time read.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.