Sleeping players in Unturned II

which above? what

2 Likes

This entire thread is centered around hearing people’s opinions on this topic.

I aways like that idea because when i play in 3.0 i aways disconnect with my best itens because no one can pick my itens anyway.

I really don’t like this idea in normal ways, as it kind of doesn’t motivate you to try to get better items since while you are off the server anyone can kill and loot you, maybe in hardcore mode it is an interesting idea but anyway it may be something to consider, We hope that the bases in 2 unturned do not need to be entirely made of iron to have the least chance of surviving an attack.

1 Like

I think it should be a thing for normal official servers but maybe have a toggle option for player hosted servers. Like how owners can change spawn rates and disable or enable third person.

Your right, this addition will all depend on the base building and raiding in Unturned 2. But right now in current Unturned wood bases are so weak and metal bases take so much raiding supplies, even a 1x1.

In my opinion the reason metal bases are so strong and not worth raiding in 3.0 is because they give no raiding supplies in return or good loot. No one leaves there raiding supplies in base cause its safe offline. In 3.0 right now I just don’t raid metal bases cause all people store in them is extra military ammo and some extra guns, not worth the last 3 or more hours of raid loot.

Also its not just about offline raiding its about having 4 alt bank characters too store mass loot, team of 2 that’s 8 alts…better than a couple of lockers. I think having this addition could add more necessity to bases given that bases are given proper reworks in Unturned 2.

What are bases even for in Unturned now really? Just a place to sort loot until you log off with it, which seems to be the case for most people. Unturned 2 wants to move in a survival direction meaning surviving against the weather, players, and zombies. I hope bases are where people need to hide there loot, grow there farms, and shelter from the cold. Being able to hide loot offline in a safe vault seems to me like a broken mechanic.

I understand peoples concern with offline raiding of players bodies being an issue. The base and raiding meta will have a big part to play in this addition. Handled correctly I feel like this will add to the dynamics and meta of base building. A lot of other survival games have this and there communities love there games, they do not lose there loot every day after logging in, but the game is balanced around the fact you stay in world after logging out.

Sleepers would make the game too competitive. Unturned will always have a more casual player base than a game like Rust. The sweaty no lifes will play Rust with their fancy PCs, while the 14 year olds playing on laptops will play Unturned.

And that’s why rust is as popular as it is. I believe its in part that they have official servers with clear rules and wipe days, but also because it has good game mechanics that make the game grounded. Imagine if people logged out in rust with all there loot. I guarantee you it would fail. That’s what happens in rust, you raid and use the loot from the raid to upgrade.

The funny thing is I play rust casually. I am not very good but still love to play the game and just logged in every once in a while to build a base and maybe meet some people. I just logged into my base on server of 200 active players and my base was still standing after 5 days into the wipe, mind you in a very high traffic zone. People are so scared of losing loot cause it is not stored offline but don’t think about the loot they will get in return from raiding and how much that will effect the meta of the game.

From what I have read and seen Unturned 2 is moving in a more competitive scene, and I don’t just mean PvP but also PvE.

I think it makes a quite large difference that in Rust you spawn in with a rock and can collect wood with that seconds after spawning in, whereas in Unturned you’ll need to find a melee weapon before you can knock down trees. Rust’s bases, while weaker early on, are a lot less intensive to set up in the first place and the meta is built around that. I think that UII should implement a base system and then work this in as they’re interconnected, and you can balance around that instead of balancing bases around sleepers.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.