Solutions to 'KoS' player behaviour issues in unturned

You could use the reputation once more but this time it punishes you harshly. No more trading at the Traders for example. The faction might even shoot you for killing others. Now only they didn´t shoot you first.

4 Likes

how did i miss this

god no

anything from Fo76 is a terrible idea

firstly

secondly
maybe not no more trading at traders, but varying prices depending on your reputation

Like if your viewed as a good figure the price are decreased

but if you have negative reputation, the npc either is scared shitless and has his prices decreased, or is brave and riskful and will rise the prices of his wares.

3 Likes

Necro’s aren’t a problem as long as someone is actually contributing. While @WishYourLife’s suggestion might be a little lack luster, they are adding to the discussion.

7 Likes

I blame the KOS phenomenon on large groups, and the fact that most Unturned players are squeakers.

3 Likes

the kos phenomenon exists simply due to the fact that in the vast majority of situations, kos is the option that will give you the most material benefit, not because of organized clans or young children

8 Likes

Definitely this. In a survival game, using a couple bullets to drop a target or two that might have some food or other valuable loot on them is a trade I’ll be more than happy to make. Plus the viewpoint that if they’re allowed to survive, there’s a good chance they’ll be even more of a threat to me in the future. A lot of factors go into making a ‘whoever shoots first wins’ mentality in survival games.

4 Likes

I don’t think this is looking at the bigger picture, constant killing in game happens because of people’s lack of incentive to not kill. “Whats in it for me, why do I need to trade with that guy when I can just kill him?” Is what someone could be thinking or “Why should I spare him? He can shoot me in the back” is another thing
It’s definitely really easy to be killed, even as a fully geared players.
Even the colt takes 4 shots to kill someone (if aimed at the head) and 5 shots with a helmet. This may be a bad example, but it does work if you have good aim, here’s another weapon
The hawkhound/scofield are 2 shot kills in the head even with a helmet, 3 shots in the body even with a vest (2 shot without a vest). These weapons are more infamous as being common and easy to kill with if you have a steady aim, third person is the greatest dot sight after all imo. Don’t even get me started on shotguns.

So if your not paranoid and looking everywhere and making absolute sure no one’s nearby, you still could have a difficult time staying alive as solo, the best way to stay alive is to have a friend, and even meeting a friend in game by chance is difficult. This might instill a “kill or be killed” mind set into all of us who play unturned “Killing” is the only way to stay alive

6 Likes

I am actually really happy that people actually are still discussing in this thread. I was actually conviced that it was going to die.
Thank you people. You made my day.

5 Likes

No problem.

2 Likes

I think with the new “excursions” and other pve content mentioned (zombies and food decaying) I believe people will be more willing to act together. But I think any pvp survival game will always have a KOS issue, not just KOS being present but a PROBLEM. People are people. To me I love playing with the idea of a player driven threat in the back of my mind. To me this is a key factor to surviving. Food, AI threat (zombie or new bandit), environment, and players.

But I think maybe having the some quest lines and AI traders unavailable to KOSING players (-rep) could discourage some but at the end of the day groups and players will always go for the easy kill to gather an hour or many more worth of loot. This is the nature of survival.

I think it just comes down who is behind the screen and there current motives. I have actually met 2 good friends I play Unturned with regularly because we allied together to take out the superpower Kosing group of the server. So even though KOSING in theory is bad it forced me to join forces with randoms to create lasting relationships.

Not to say I like getting Kosed, cause I don’t. But I need someone to play the bad guy, something to work for, something to rally against. Imagine how weird and unrealistic it would be if a full lobby of players where all working together and raising farms and helping each other. We need someone to be the bad guy, someone to make the good guys good.

3 Likes

Basically, if you can stop GMod players from RDMing then you can stop Unturned players from KOSing.

tl;dr
you can’t

4 Likes

I hate to be that guy, but there probably isn’t any sure-fire solution.

As a reasonably sane person who voluntarily chooses the KOS lifestyle over being docile on a server I would like to address this matter.

As long as there is a way to harm or kill others I will probably be determined to do it, as well as others whom like to partake in violence. The consequences of hurting/killing other players will have to be dire or make the thought of killing another player very undesirable even in the act of pure revenge.

It can be very hard, especially when most players have nothing to lose starting off.

I dont personally have any suggestions on how KOS behaviors should be treated, Ive just learned to accept it as part of the game at this point.

3 Likes

and now, retarded logic with Pesky M Moth

guys kos is like gun rights since you use guns to kill people

and that was, retarded logic with Pesky M Moth

2 Likes