Spawning with Clothes?

I reckon, that u spawn with basic pants (burlap) for some extra storage, some food (bottle of water and a can of beans perhaps) and some sort of tool/ weapon e.g axe, knife

No thanks. This isn’t kit pvp.

As for players spawning in with clothes, they should spawn in with a generic set that doesn’t give them any storage.

1 Like

Just stay tuned, I’ll write up a topic after I get home from school.

how does spawning in with like 12 more slots in ur inventory have anything to do with pvp, u sir are the big dumb

I don’t think you understand that kit servers were one of the things that killed survival in 3.

i understand, but i mean its just a pair of pants, food and a tool like that is nothing in comparision to the ‘kits’ which would give u full clothes, tones of food and a weapon, perhaps a colt or smth

1 Like

Easy, spawn with very basic clothes.

Even because spawning with clothes would make sense since the character is a human and wears clothes or he was in the bath during the end of the world.

IIRC, clothing in Unturned II will effect more than just inventory space and armor values, meaning there’s more ways for different clothing to be differentiated and civilian clothing can be relevant as something more than just a source of bandages, even if players spawn with some very basic clothing. Many people support the idea of #nopocketsnostorage, so it makes sense to allow people to who aren’t playing the hardest difficulty to havs the option to spawn with clothing that has some inventory space. If players could spawn with clothing that offer slight statistical benefits over eachother, but are balanced to be roughly equal to eachother, but worse than clothing that can be scavenged (no 3.X thief outfit please) could be a valuable addition to a player customization or specialization system.

Clothing that is purely cosmetic, however, adds nothing to the meta except allowing nakeds to be confused for geared players and possibly allowing geared players to hide what quality their gear is.

Maybe you can spawn with clothes, if you choose to, but they must be a little bit torn up and we have to see it easily

You literally suggested spawning in with food, water, and an axe/knife. I’d call that a kit.

You shouldn’t spawn with food, water, or tools. Simple as that.

1 Like

A lumberjack spawning in with a saw or a small hatchet or a spec ops dude spawning with a cleaning kit wouldn’t be all that bad IMO, they wouldn’t give a huge head start, but could help the player actually get started with what their chosen profession is specialized in. Food and water should not be given in addition to tools on anything but the easiest settings, but I guess if there were to be a well rounded profession, it could be given some basic foodstuffs rather than any specialized tools.
(P.S. I used 3.X professions just as examples, not saying they will or even should be the same in 4.X)

I understand if this was 3.0, but 4.0 is said to be harder, your fists probably wont do anyhting againist the zombies and some food, some. A bottle of water and a can of beans is not an mre, they are only if ur really thirsty and really hungry

If everyone spawns with a melee weapon, then fists being ineffective wouldn’t really make the game harder.

1 Like

this only works on singleplayer

Yea but what if he adds it to multiplayer

This is best left in Easy mode IMO. It would give poor sacks a chance at the game (If normal gameplay isn’t a walk in the park).

As for the starting items, I’d prefer it being clothing only. Though it would also depend what kind of professions the game would feature.

3 Likes

I suggest spawning with civilian clothes and possibly being able to choose a skillset without effecting apparel

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.