Stasven Teaser #8.5 - Whoopsie Daisy, I Did It Again (Why Is My Only Employee Telling Me To Stop Updating Old Stuff That's Perfectly Fine In My Book)

this is unturned??

2 Likes

shrapnel’s a cool idea, will see what I can do

the fire does have smoke, it just takes a little bit for it to start smoking. next step for my plan of world domination is to add sparks and smoke to muzzle flashes along with some new plasma effects

3 Likes

@SDGNelson

Hire this man

6 Likes

Everything looks really cool but I really fucking hate that doll.

the new explosions look way better than before

1 Like

we necro our own post yet again to bring you more Stasven related content, because we don’t exactly have enough cool stuff to make a separate post with

concept art for our semi-beloved Poncho Guy, he’s getting his model updated as I’m writing this:

EDIT: finished

you may be wondering why he wears a mask that’s at least 5x the detail level of his actual face, and you’ll find out why when you meet him down in the Temple and listen to what he has to say

hint: it’s around maybe 17-18 pages of dialogue spread out over a couple of identical Poncho Guys that get spawned by the first Poncho Guy’s [STORY: SINGULARITY] dialogue option

updated all muzzle flashes to use the fire shader that fire + explosions use, not much of a difference visually but they look nice

also what’s great about my Unity setup is that I’ve managed to replicate Stasven’s lighting and skybox (without skybox reflections though) so I’m able to demo new effects/models/materials/etc and have the demos look almost just like they would look like ingame. it’s pretty neato

new slug weapon impact effects, complete with that loud CRACK you hear when a bullet hits something by you. it’s not exactly realistic or as cool as it could be, but it’s something I guess

you also get to see the new shell casings in Earth lighting (aka PEI v3/Icarus’ lighting)

same impact effect, but this time it’s ASMR - Being Shot At By Some Guy About 200 Meters Away

new plasma impact effects for XDF weapons, this footage is slightly outdated and the tracers haven’t been given their visual pass yet, but so far so good

might investigate the feasibility of making custom projectiles for weapons instead of using the normal tracers/ballistics systems. it would be hilariously janky and bad in MP but would make for an interesting experiment at the end of the day

he knows it’s not driveable, but he seems satisfied regardless
maybe it’s those windows and how very clean they are

or it could be that his brain’s been fried from being the Stasven Promo Shoot Guy for about a year straight

who knows

5 Likes

man i am really interseted in how did make tacers work like that and bullts has a phsics
i have one question
will you make any video tuaturils on how did do this ?
keep it up

1 Like

they’re just custom tracer particle effects that are called instead of the normal tracers (only really visible if you have ballistics on in your difficulty settings)

no, sorry.

feel free to call us selfish, but hear us out before doing that:

in our opinion, tutorial making is a waste of our time.
sitting down and writing/recording easy-to-follow video tutorials takes a ton of time and effort, because you’ve gotta do these three things:

• have it be easy to follow (plenty of editing to show button presses, menu options, .dat text, all that jazz)

• have it be comprehensive (covering everything - particle systems, shaders, components, hierarchies, tags and layers, GameObject names, .dat arguments, Config.json, using the devkit, sound design, etc)

• have it be useful (can the skills we put down for you in the tutorial help you beyond just Unturned?)

we… can’t really do any of those.

neither me or Drmz are really competent in the tutorial writing department, and we don’t have the time or motivation to do said writing because it’s being sapped by both real life and Stasven.
maybe someday down the line we’ll put out a little guide or two, but we can’t guarantee anything right now.

tl;dr it’s harder than it looks to make a tutorial, and we can’t really take the time to do that right now

2 Likes

Call him Poncho Villa

Np I will to figure it out myself
Good luck with your mod

necroing my own post Yet Again just to tell you that the upgrade to Unity 2018 is going far smoother than anticipated

as predicted, only things with custom shaders got hit and needed rebundling, and shockingly enough that only accounted for maybe 10-15% of Stasven’s content (for the most part, Stasven uses default Unturned shaders with multi-material trickery to get the sexy looks we have)

not much to show right now, but it’s practically obligatory to show something at this point

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.