Thanks to the extremely valuable community input we received from the Alaria demo map:
…we’ve decided that maybe the amount of content in Starsven may be a bit too much for the Unturned community to handle!
To counteract that, we’ve decided to go back to basics and make a cool and unique mod that everybody in the community can enjoy!!
With even less new content than Carpat and Ural Mountains combined, here’s Statsven as of today!
Thanks to input from community members on the performance of the mod, we’ve removed a lot of unnecessary content, such as:
- Trees (too big, means too many FPS needed to make them)
- Buildings (so many buildings, DISGUSTING where’s my p l a i n s)
- Zombies (enemy AI? oh deary me that costs too much money!!)
- Item spawns (ew why are there so few?? why can’t we not have any???)
- Stars (too many solar systems to render, NASTY)
- Replayability (can’t lose any more FPS if you can’t play [taps head] )
- Two whole Unity versions (now everybody can play regardless of hardware!!)
Hopefully with these tweaks Stasvan can become a much more enjoyable gameplay and storytelling experience for all Unturned players regardless of origin and computer specs to enjoy!!
and now the non april fools content
so Alaria basically got universally positive response from everybody who played (except the guy who thought we had too many guns,) seriously thanks for that
warms our dead hearts, especially in these sad disease ridden times
btw hope yall are staying safe, follow your stay at home orders and only go out if you have to, practice proper hygiene, etc
all the images in the post are from the first proper version of Stasven, from January/February 2018, so they’re a neat bit of history I guess
and now some pics from the real Statistics Van
and some neat extra pics from my Twitter
the evolution of the Tavron Masden-15 pistol, from 2017 (right) to 2020 (left)
some NPCs, from left to right:
Restorer Danyl Solas, the Merchant, Konstantin Stavel, and Major Set Kozan
hope yall have a fun april fools day, dont get yourself hurt or whatever