Steam or Epic Games Store?

With the eventual release of the Epic games store, i’m curious if Unturned ll will be moved onto there or it will just stay on steam. Now i know that this has been argued many times, but now, do you think it’ll be moved there?

I’d like to here your thoughts and opinions

UII will be on steam with modding tools and those kinds of things on the epic games launcher

(misread my bad)

1 Like

im pretty sure its going to stay on steam (and I hope so)

It will probably not exclusively move to the Epic Games Store considering Steam is still the more well-established distribution platform anyways (and will remain to do so for a while, considering the Epic Games Store was only announced very recently with no ETA). Unturned already has a following on Steam (unlike new indie devs), and Steam has more integrative tools for developers to make use of.

If it was to appear on the Epic Games Store, it would probably appear on the Steam storefront also.

Your response makes me think you misread the question, or don’t have full context.

The Epic Games Launcher is(/was) exclusively for games developed by Epic Games. The Epic Games Store is a new thing entirely. It’s a distribution platform similar to Steam and the Discord game storefront. It is not exclusive to Epic Games’ games.

The main reason its announcement is relevant to people is because of the revenue share.

8 Likes

If Nelson is motivated for money reasons then I’d see him move to Epic Games. Despite knowing about Steam integration and etc it would benefit him more to receive money money for his product (steam takes a hefty 30% of all sales)

Though of course I doubt he’d do that, as yes, Steam is so much more established.

Are the two mutually exclusive?

Assuming I understood your question correctly: as far as I’m aware, no. The Epic Games Store does not have any contractual exclusivity clauses, nor does Steam.

1 Like

steam, and the editor stuff will be on the launcher

also the epic games launcher and store are real shitty.
also a quick question, will the editor stuff be up on github or something or only the epic games launcher? if the editor software is an epic games trademarked copyrighted thingo i’m going to Commit Die

The store doesn’t exist yet, considering it was only announced two days ago.

No. It’s a modified version of the Unreal Engine editor. It is required to be on the Epic Games Launcher.

You can get the Unreal Engine from github though, so that’s why I was askin. and i thought the “store” referred to where you buy their games on the site and stuff

You still have to check how much will Epic Games take from your sales. Because there’s no way Epic Games will allow someone to sell a game on their playform without any extra fees. Regardless, Steam has history and reputation more than any other platform I have heard of. So Nelson will most likely (hopefully) stay on Steam

i say put it on both.

It’s a 12% fee on EGS. Steam uses the industry standard of 30% (and takes less after certain monetary thresholds).

UE also has a licensing fee of 5%, so that can be up to 35% on Steam. On the EGS, the 5% is taken out of the 12%

1 Like

He was talking about the moodding tools, just like ark was in Epic Games’ launcher’s modding tab. That’s not only for Epic Games’ games.

Yes but pesky wasn’t, I read it too fast and assumed he was asking the common question of it being on the epic games launcher as one of the official games (think fortnite) which would be complete coordination with the company epic games, instead of what the actual topic is which is about just using the epic games store.

2 Likes

fortnite and unturned sharing the same store? no way.

all jokes aside, steam is better.

why not both :smirk:

1 Like

exactly what arctic said. why not do both platforms, so if he release unturned gold and unturned together, he gets much more profit for both.

1 Like

Thanks for the support <3

The Epic Games store has been floundering as of late. Valve actually spends the majority of their 30% on updating Steam to run as buttery smooth as possible, and because Epic only takes 12%, when their store had some graphical issues on AMD hardware, they were unable to fix it themselves and instead had to go to AMD and get them to release a driver update.