Struggling system

I wish this feature will be implemented.
This system will give ability to zombies to grab you and if you won’t struggle (maybe fast tapping E and Q?) too fast, zombie will put you on the ground and eat you. This would add some difficulty to the game.

2 Likes

(10 char limit)

1 Like

quick time event

no

2 Likes

Youre essentially describing quick time events. Not only do these take control out of the players hands, but they are also never a good idea in any game, youre just button mashing for gameplay, which dumbs down the difficulty.

5 Likes

oooo button mashing in a survival game! my favorite! /s

1 Like

the problem is (this is a multiplayer game and a fucking zombie don´t go disturb my pvp POINT!)

1 Like

Ehm… nope @Zero

1 Like

No offense, but I disagree with this suggestion in every possible way.

2 Likes

Being locked in place during a gunfight? Actually, locked in place in general… Yeah no, I’m good.

Interesting idea. I don’t like the fast pressing q/ e idea. I think there are discussions about hand defence against knife and fist fights, so why don’t make something similar for zombies?

1 Like

Because there’s not going to be quick time events for PvP, as what I’m assuming will happen will be Blocking, and that’ll be a PvP/E mechanic, so implementing quick time events for PvE action will only reduce the skill level and enjoyability out of that part of the game. Button mashing mechanics aren’t a good idea for a game like this, especially with what 4.0 plans to bring to the table.

2 Likes

Or maybe push the zombies when they grab you like No More Room In Hell

Actually I thought about struggling like in ZombiU, but your idea good too

Can we stay away from anything that has to do with quicktime events? They don’t belong in a sandbox/survival game.

1 Like

Okay :frowning:

Hmm…

I think that you will be able to move while grabbed but much slower

I meant not like QTE, maybe, if you grabbed, you need too fight with your hands or secondary weapon. Mashing Q and E is one way to break free

Still completely unnecessary and/or unfitting for Unturned imo.

1 Like

Yeah… quick time event. Spamming buttons to do an action that appeared out of nowhere…

No More Room in Hell grabbing mechanic is not QTE. It’s not " PRESS X TO BREAK FREE ", there’s no instructions on screen, player isn’t forced into some kind of QTE cutscene.

1. Zombie instead of clawing the player grabs him.
  2. If the player won’t push it off they will immobilize him and start biting him, bites deal more damage and got very high chance of infecting the player.
  3. In order to break free, players have to kill the zombie just like any other zombies or just push it off with a button. ( You have to aim at the grabber, and then shove it off )

so it’s a quick-time event but worse

1 Like