Suggestion 2

Of course, it’d have to be configurable, or at least good enough by default to pose a threat.

It’s not that i don’t want PvE but i don’t want potentially major consequences for choosing a certain play style, suggestions like this IF they’re added can change the entire game that Unturned is and how it plays.
Oh, and forced PvE is a bad idea and i think what Nelson means by “4.0 will focus more on PvE” is that Nelson will add more PvEnvironment aspects like zombies are more threatening and food from farming will require more treatment and time.

If you want to change the point your suggestion why don’t you change the original post, which you did so good for you.

Then why is it called a warehouse? (Referred to as a store house for goods)
If it is like that it should be called something like a trading station instead then.

How do you make a PvE friendly punishment?
Oh right, NPCs raiding is one of the only ones unless you want to make something nonsensical like zombies raid your base for some reason because the player has a low reputation.
And if i’m not allowed to trade at a trader it won’t matter, i could get my 100% friendly friend to do it by giving him XP from my Bookshelf.

So if i am a friendly person i get absolutely no drawbacks?

1 Like

[Citation needed]

Blatantly untrue and false

It wouldn’t hurt to elaborate.
When i say that “NPCs raiding is ONE OF the only ones” it doesn’t absolutely negate any other options.

No, but you are phrasing it in such a way that you make it sound like npcs attacking your base is the only real solution here.

NPC raids are a straight up bad idea
Because bots in Unturned can’t be regulated to an average skill level. They’ll either have all the gear and all the items to raid you, or they just knock on your door and shotgun you to death. NPC raiding is a bad idea. Too much work for AI and adds extensive unbalancing to the game. Unnecessary.
The best way to differentiate gamelay for people with very low rep is by giving them less quests and decent rewards given from bandits. However, players with good rep will receive quests from Officials and Majors and Generals and such to do difficult quests for really good rewards

1 Like

The only thing I want to see armed AI doing is patrolling high risk areas that have good loot.

I’d love to see a cave like Pirate’s Cove being patrolled by AI with ranger gear and say a Runabout in the water, doing a patrol route with several AI npcs in it.

NPC Raiding would be super hard to code, hard to balance, and would end up straight up frustrating.

In 4.0, you should have to come to NPCs. Not have NPCs come to you.

EDIT: oh shit i didn’t realise that this is 19 days old but hey whatever

1 Like

In 4.0, you should have to come to NPCs. Not have NPCs come to you.

in vanilla (and i guess by extension curated maps) sure, but i feel like letting mapmakers have npcs go to the player would be nice as a sort of modding longevitiy thing

1 Like

Then why suggest the idea?

He didn’t though. :v

1 Like

Idk why I read something completely different from what he actually said… xD

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.