Suggestion 2

Nelson mentioned him on focusing on PvE being one the main aspects of the game and havivng official Vanilla servers, so i have got 2 ideas:

• So there can be an NPC on every map called the arms dealer, who sells weapons to players and buys them. The weapons that he sells or buys are located in an interserver (right word?) warehouse which players can not access and steal from, the only way to get those weapons is by trading or waiting for an airdrop.
    A percentage of the items in the warehouse is given to the NPC’s, and the remaining items are put in airdrops.

• Rep matters. Witout postive or having too much negative rep blocks you from trading with the arms dealer, so the only way to get e.g. a Maplestrike on Russia is by waiting for airdrops and not by an easier, safer way which is trading with through the arms dealer with the person ho finds the Maple in the first place. If you have too much -rep, (like -4.5k or something) AI NPC’s will wave attack/raid your base when you are online and near it every 24h. On the bottom of the screen it says “get ready to defend your base”. You can negotiate with the highest ranked coalition NPC, to redeem yourself. They will give you tasks, such as to trade your weapons to the arms dealer, do quests (can’t do without permission that you get from the highest rank NPC if you have a lot of -rep) and donating to players you have killed, either by going to them with you hands in the air, or going to the gift NPC and leaving what you want them to give to the player you have killed. To the player you have killed when they log on on the bottom of the screen it says: “You have a gift! Go retrieve it!” and when you give the items it gives you +rep.

So i’m correcting myself here: for the last time im saying, that unturned 4.0 IS MAINLY SUPPOSED TO BE PVE. Also, the punishment for having too little rep is not supposed to be only raiding, because it ruins PvE, there could be another punishment, a more PvE friendly one. Second, all this means, that you can choose your playstyle: a kind person, who cares about everyone, and a hostile person, who cares about him and his team. However, this playstyle is risky, as you could get severely punished.
The warehouse is NOT a way to store items, its a way to TRADE with other players on other official servers.

Thats all i can say now, hope that you understood it and liked it :wink:

that could be rlly good but what if you dont have a base and how can the NPC attack you.i think that is a bit way to much coding but the gift feature ITS RLLY AWESOME

1 Like

First one is vague and borderline broken. Second one is just downright horrible. Rep shouldn’t determine if you get raided by NPCs while you’re offline. At least players have variables to them, whereas an NPC raid team will have raiding gear, and can be killed for almost guaranteed raiding loot (BROKEN ALARM WEE WOO WEE WOO) need to be coded for raiding (Which could take months to do alone), and know when and where to go to raid. Also, let’s be honest: Nobody is going to just accept gifts. They’re going to use the hands up feature as a way to easily revenge KoS.

3 Likes

I dont only speak about raiding, maybe another piunishment. plus i said that you would get “attempted to be raided” when youre online, not offline.

??
wym by that

Read my quote

Yeah I misread Online as Offline sorry. What do you mean by other punishments though?

Its up to Nelson, if he reads this

These ideas are a bit broken, having an NPC that sells weapons to the player shouldn’t be a thing (Besides, NPCs are most probably going to be worked on after a year of the game being out, so it’s way too early to suggest stuff like that IMO)

Second of all, NPCs that raid players is a bad idea outright, NPC’s shouldn’t be setting up base raids. Maybe you could tweak this so that NPCs on online servers ask players with a positive rep to take out the player with a lower rep because he is “Wanted” in a sense, but yet again, this would be a more PvP centered quest which isn’t what 4.0 needs.

1 Like

First of all, the arms dealer is a way to put items on the bank, which other payers on other maps can get if they trade. The arms dealer doesnt have an unlimited amount of weapons. If a player, playing on PEI, decides to put an unused Maplestrike in the “bank”, the player, playing in Russia can pay exp and get that maplestrike. than tha bank would have -1 maplestrike. A percentage of items goes into carepackages. Its just a way of helping people

Second, a punishment for having too much -rep doesn’t have to be a raid, but it has to be there. Though your idea is cool

Well that first idea still needs some tweaking then, if it acts as a community bank than what’s stopping people from taking all the weapons at once? What if someone fills the bank with horrible guns like Sportshots that will end up taking up space in airdrops? I’m all for some community input in game, but you have to take in the actual nature of the community when you mention this too.

1 Like

There could be a filter where the arms dealer would only accept good weapons such as ranger and mili weapons (except the eaglefire)

interserver warehouse

W E L C O M E T O T A R K O V

The only ways I could see npcs being added would either be:

Vendor/quest npcs, like the current ones with perhaps more options

or

AI with limited options (patrol nodes, navigation nodes) that can patrol certain parts of the map with various options (vehicles, weapons, etc).

Hopefully we can get both with 4.0. I’ve been waiting to fight gun AI for a while now.

1 Like

AI with limited options (patrol nodes, navigation nodes) that can patrol certain parts of the map with various options (vehicles, weapons, etc).

their combat ai would have to be at least okay to be worth adding

I’d prefer to have trying to go PvE/Friendly perfectly optional instead of having your friendly neighbourhood AI raid you until you are forced to become 100% friendly or face consequences which put you back at square one.

I can get on my secondary gold slots and make a throwaway base to farm the guns from the “Arms Dealer”.

This kind of ruins the Unturned feel for me & i could have a giant farm inside my base and then have infinite Maplestrikes or Dragonfangs because of the amount of XP flowing in, then i could raid ALL the bases.

Storing all your important loot in a warehouse makes raiding worthless unless you’re raiding a rich person since everybody will store all their extra raiding equipment and rares in there.

1 Like

Didnt you hear that unturned 4.0 will focus nore on PvE? Didnt you see in the comments that the punishment doesnt have to be raiding?

NPCs, honestly, should not be a concer in 4.0. At least for now because most of the ideas of NPCs don’t add up or are straight up bad. No offense.
People should focus more on the base of the game before diverting to NPCs and missions and all that.

Maybe, but what about rep? I think that having a playstyle (mentioned in the correcting myself paragraph) is good. People should be able to kill eachother, but it will effect their playstyle, where having a bad playstile will result in something against the player.

I believe this was suggested awhile back where people with good rep receive more quests with better rewards. As for Bandits, they get fewer missions and decent rewards. That’s how I see it.
Also, people with good rep receive a discount on trading with NPCs
This is what was mentioned a topic regarding NPCs.
Idk about you, but it seemed like a very good idea to me