(suggestion) A new type of animal, not sure if it is possible

In the current version when you shoot near an animal or at one it runs away hostile or not. For a while I have been thinking about ways to make animals more threatening and I came up with this:

I haven’t settled on a name yet but the animal would be attracted to gunfire instead of repelled, since it won’t be restricted to a navmesh the range it is attracted to could be quite large. This would allow modders to create custom enemies such as new variations of zombie or some sort of knife-wielding npc (haven’t put too much thought into the applications). It would also be great if we could change the detection range in an animals .dat but I don’t think that would be possible.

2 Likes

i…what. what kind of game do you think this is? it already has zombies. that’s like, the whole fucking point of it.

7 Likes

I meant to write more zombies, like one that moves on eight legs or one that crawls by its hands, really with this method a lot more things could be done. Right now we can’t do much with zombies in the form of customization aside from making clothing.

1 Like

Eight legs?

2 Likes

I only said that to show the possibilities of this. You could have some horrific mutated spider zombie and you wouldn’t have to ask nelson to help out.

There is no need on creating a new type of animal, Nelson just could add the tools to add custom zombies

1 Like

What if it’s a zombified animal though?

2 Likes

This statement is false. It will be restricted to a navmesh, but the navmesh will go over the whole map. An npc can not move if there is no navmesh.

exactly this, navmeshs are how things are even able to move off of a path. Some engines have support for moving navmeshs but I know for a fact that they are difficult to make, Unity doesnt even support them. (in class so can’t check if unreal does)

1 Like

Animals aren’t restricted to them. They use the same colliders as the player