Suggestion: Forum awards

Hey guys Fleshy “Sean” Pig here. I’m not known for my great introductions so i’m going to waste a paragraph to say this instead of just being concise in my forum post about introducing a new feature and ignoring an introduction altogether.

Can Nelson add reddit awards to the forums? :flushed:

17 Likes

:medal_sports:

18 Likes

thank you kind stranger :smiley:

13 Likes

Can’t tell if #community-lounge:memes or #meta:forum, but it’s possible (far down the line)? There’s not really any system in place for it right now though (nothing to tie awards to posts or users, and nothing to handle how awards can be given).

The closest we could probably do if something like that was implemented today would be more like Facebook reactions.

6 Likes

for the love of god do not add reddit awards, there’s already enough band kids on this website

3 Likes

edit 1: wow, this really blew up! thanks for all of the likes!

edit 2: thanks kind stranger for the silver!

edit 3: Gold? I’ve never gotten gold before! Thank you so much!

edit 4: PLATINUM!?!!?! THIS IS MY TOP COMMENT OF ALL TIME! Thank you all so much for the gilds!

edit 5: Thanks to the kindness of all of you, I’ve managed to reach the peak. Because of all of your support, I’ve been gifted the exclusive Nelson Sexton kiss on the cheek. RIP inbox LOL. I couldn’t have gotten to this point without you all, I could cry tears of joy. My karma has never been more profuse. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. Wholesome big chungus. Level 100 Keanu. Based. Because that’s how the mafia works.

11 Likes

Yes, please encourage people to chase internet goodboi points. I am sure nothing bad will ever come of it … right?

1 Like

Begone Foul creature

Practicing in the mirror again? I see.

oh boy, i can’t wait to get more retard points. i can finally get the dopamine that i so desperately need

To clarify: I don’t personally like the idea, but if it was something people wanted implemented then it’d not happen anytime soon.

4 Likes

Molton’s first ever W

0/10 bait thread
This place is already enough like reddit, we don’t need to go the extra step

3 Likes

molt is a based epic wholesome chungus

careful with your band kid language

1 Like

This could work if there were a “currency” gained through being active on the forums or contributing to discussion a lot, as well as gaining other awards etc etc, which would be used to buy further awards. However that would be implemented or how abuse would be prevented are tough questions which will probably lead to this never being introduced in the first place. The forums are lame anyways.

3 Likes

SvenBucc 2.0. Get in here cheeto.

unturned already has a subreddit

1 Like

And it sucks, which is why nobody wants r/untunred 2.0