Suggestions for the upcoming 4.0 that might help much

1.Make the game cost money:This will improve the game so much because you nelson will dedicate more to this game and make it better and it would help getting rid of all russian kids.Seriously this community is so toxic that its worse then minecraft or roblox.
2.Using another engine:Currently the Unity engine its not so good performance wise for most PCs,and i dont think u can do much in it,probably thats why many “professional” developers dont use the Unity.
3.Making it Looking like DayZ or other similar games/getting rid of the squared and simple look of the game:am i the only one who miss the 2.2.5 smoother graphics?Seriously nelson you should at least making the graphics look like the old 2.2.5 and getting rid of the squared look a little bit.First of all the items in 2.2.5 are more Textured and for me its better then the current version.The bases looked cooler the structures in the city etc etc.Second of all the graphics in 2.2.5 or a bit more smoother and they look pretty cool for me.
4.Improving the server search list:Why i say that?Because pretty much 70% from the servers in unturned are crappy ones with OP Kits and i cant just find the good ones because they are burried along those OP servers.
5.Adding more Maps in the Game:Because im not really the only one whos facing with this problem:i play a newly released map like Germany or Russia and then im getting a bit bored of it.
6.Making the Upcoming maps HUGE:Because it will be more fun to play and this is real survival.Because right now if u have a really fast car or a plane/helicopter you can do the tour of every map in 3 minutes each.
7.More minigames:Because this would be pretty fun to play.Need some suggestions nelson?You can try King of the Hill arena capture the flag attack and defend like in TF2 and Overwatch/Paladins and i think this will be extremely cool.
8.Improving the server support:Making servers should be improved because right now there are some issues with the servers.For ex:If ur running the server on your PC and ur playing Unturned too its like u have 2 games installed and the f*****g server is not rendering $h1t.
9.Adding Official Dedicated Survival servers:This would be a pretty cool idea and lemme tell you why.U find a cool server and u play 24h on it for example and then the server admins just close the server and all your progress is gone or they can just do whatever they want and they can abuse so much ruining your experience.
So pretty much these are all my suggestions.I hope you will read them Nelson and if the game will cost even 100$ i will deffinetelly buy it because ur a really capable developer and u deserve all the support.

1. Making this game paid would probably be one of the worst decisions Nelson could make. One of the main reasons this game is as popular as it is is because it is free to play. Also, the appeal of money is not what pushes Nelson to make games; it’s the love and support he gets from his fans, and his love to code and create.

2. Switching Engines is entirely up to Nelson. Also, the “unity makes bad games” is not a good argument, or that “professionals” don’t use unity. There are quite a few professional, well made games that use the Unity engine.

3. What? The graphics in 2.2.5 were much “worse” than 3.0’s current style. Everything was much lower poly, textures had very low resolutions, and most of the gun skins were just single stretched blocks with the skins just painted on. Going any more “detailed” will just make the game look like any other zombie survival game.

4. Personal preference by most of the community. Not Nelson’s fault people like /kits, /tpa, /shop, and similar commands. Although, I do have a few ideas on how he can cut down on those servers without just dropping the hammer on them, which he will not do.

5. Maps take time. Personally, I feel like a much larger map is needed rather than multiple “Large” maps.

6. See above

7. Some “minigames” or alternate modes are planned for late development of 4.0.

8. If your computer can’t run both the game and a dedication server, try finding a computer that can host while you play on your main rig, or just don’t host dedicated servers.

9. That is planned, I believe.

I personally support the choice of adding a low price tag to a future Unturned iteration. However, the reasons listed here I do not agree with.

First is that adding a price tag to a game should not affect dedication levels in this circumstance. The game is currently updated weekly, worked on a majority of the days of the week, and fueled as a passion. A price tag does not need to justify passion. Passion can justify itself just fine. Compensation justifies following a passion with superb dedication, but the game is being made based on a lot of cool things the community and Nelson wants to see in a game. Cutting out a portion of the community does not “make it better,” rid the game “of all russian [sic] kids,” and reduce the toxicity. I highly doubt you meant it as such, but I see that as assuming poor people are bad people. People with some money to spend can have a false sense of entitlement too.

Going off of that is the other thing: why they hate on “russian [sic] kids?” From my experiences Russia undoubtedly makes up the second majority of the player base, and most Russians, just like most English people, I don’t think are awful people.

Basically everything was blocky except for things like scopes and such that had probably 128 sides. The style was inconsistent, textures were a bit bland (although Unturned 3 might be too colorful in some cases), and it doesn’t appear as “smooth(?)”.

Saying no to “DayZ or other similar games” and “2.2.5 smoother graphics.” The current design style is great and unique, and by fully committing to embracing it (with less need of improving/adapting upon it like currently in Unturned 3) it would be quite nice. I personally touched up on the subject of graphics not too long ago (alongside ambiance),

Disable RocketMod in the server list. Changing the server list will not be able to decrease the amount of servers using RocketMod. If people want to use RocketMod, then they will use RocketMod. If you do not want to play on servers with RocketMod, then do not search for—and by extension join—RocketMod servers.

That applies to hosting any server, and is unavoidable. Simply put: the server is a program, and the game is a program. Running two programs is going to decrease your performance.

The graphics are the n#1 thing that make unturned stand out over the rest of the zombie games, and I believe making the game paid would break the community so much the game would die, and it’s not even at the medium part of it’s life yet.

Let’s fix up your grammar, also, all (Text) parts of this post are my thoughts.

1. Make the game cost money: This will improve the game so much because Nelson will dedicate more to this game and make it better and, it would help get rid of all Russian kids. Seriously this community is so toxic that it’s worse than Minecraft or Roblox.

(No.)

1. Using another engine: Currently, the Unity engine it’s not so good performance wise for most PCs, and I don’t think you can do much in it, probably that’s why many “professional” developers don’t use the Unity.

(Yooka-Laylee was made in Unity, the reason we associate Unity with non-professional games is that most "Professional Game-devs use the paid version of unity witch removes the Unity logo)

1. Making it Looking like DayZ or other similar games/getting rid of the squared and simple look of the game. Am I the only one who miss the 2.2.5 smoother graphics? Seriously, Nelson, you should at least make the graphics look like the old 2.2.5 and getting rid of the squared look a little bit. First of all the items in 2.2.5 are more Textured and for me, it’s better than the current version. The bases looked cooler the structures in the city etc. Second of all the graphics in 2.2.5 or a bit more smoother and they look pretty cool for me.

(For “ME”, for “ME”?!?!? That is one of the dumbest ways of saying “I liked it more this way.” I know you know that this game isn’t made for “Me”.)

1. Improving the server search list: Why I say that?Because pretty much 70% of the servers in unturned are crappy ones with OP Kits and I cant just find the good ones because they are buried along with those OP servers.

(Yes, the server browser could use some work. At least it’s not the stock “Valve Server Browser” also, I believe there is an option to turn plugins off.)

5.Adding more Maps in the Game: Because I’m not really the only one whos facing with this problem. I played a newly released map of Germany or Russia and then I’m getting a bit bored of it.

(Russia is not new. And this is already on Nelsons list.)

6.Making the Upcoming maps HUGE: Because it will be more fun to play and this is real survival.Because right now if u have a really fast car or a plane/helicopter you can do the tour of every map in 3 minutes each.

(You can “fly” over every map in 5 minutes. Also, the maps are smaller for performance-based reasons, ever played “The Driftless”? It’s really hard on your computer.)

1. More minigames: Because this would be pretty fun to play. Need some suggestions, Nelson? You can try King of the Hill arena capture the flag attack and defend like in TF2 and Overwatch/Paladins and I think this will be extremely cool.

2. Improving the server support: Making servers should be improved because right now there are some issues with the servers. Forex: If you’re running the server on your PC and your playing Unturned too it’s like u have 2 games installed and the fucking server is not rendering shit.

(That’s because your computer is shit)

1. Adding Official Dedicated Survival servers: This would be a pretty cool idea and lemme tell you why. You find a cool server and you play 24h on it for example and then the server admins just close the server and all your progress is gone or they can just do whatever they want and they can abuse so much ruining your experience.
    So pretty much these are all my suggestions.

(Dedicated Servers are on Nelsons list as well. Most Admins will not abuse you. If so, you’re on the wrong server)

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.