Survival Overhaul - A Mega-Suggestion

Perhaps branching off of the survival tree of skills, something about increased success and efficiency with using primitive firestarters (like bow drills, flint, or rock flaking).

In addition to this there could also be an offensive ability (Pyromaniac?) that can allow you to use fire as a combat/raiding tool, but it would have to branch further off the previous firestarter skill.

You wanna know what I want to see? No skill requirement for cooking a steak.
Literally everyone knows how to cook something as simple as that.

2 Likes

You do need skill to turn the steak upside down before 1 side burns.
Not to mention, adding oil requires mastering.

I can guarentee you almost everyone can cook a piece of meat on a stick over a fire. And oil isnt required especially in a survival situation where you’re not gonna find bottles of olive oil just lyin around.

You know what I mean?

1 Like

Pretty much anyone can cook food, but some people would be better at cooking it right.
I don’t think most recipes should be locked behind a skill tree, just that better chefs should have a better results, for example a low level chef might undercook a steak (which would make it damage immunity, or overcook it (which would decrease the amount of hunger and thirst it restores) while an experienced chef would cook food just the right amount.

3 Likes

Yeah, I understand
Though i was sarcastic when i said “adding oil needs mastering”

1 Like

Lol I getcha now

I love this post so much you dont even understand.
Like Runescape style cooking.

Leveling cooking increases your chances of making better food.

I’ve lost the ability to edit this post, but here’s an expansion from RedComm that does a wonderful job going in-depth with some of the wildlife and hunting/foraging mechanics:

2 Likes

Two Words, I agree.

:+1:
Don’t worry, smart people can tell when to add good suggestions and mix them together to make the best of both worlds

Sounds great.

One thing that I want to point out is that Unturned is kinda meant to be a bit cartoonish and funny, not just a rigid survival game like some crazy games. So, some stuff, like more precision on cutting down a tree, or more woodland foraging, or - wait - the clothes wet idea is awesome, but just a little bit overboard.

Also, I’d love to see some sleeping in Unturned! That could be another bit along with your suggestions @GreatHeroJ. Maybe like a stamina cap, where when you get tired, you cant fully regen your stamina?

While Unturned has been known to be a goofy, unrealistic game, 4.0 is aiming for realism and immersion far beyond that.

Considering the survival-centric gameplay of 4.0, this is the first step, the foundation to greater gameplay and mechanics.

Really ? You made me hyped up for 30 pages of suggestions that actually made sense. Come on, J, you can do better than that!

You can hear about my zombie rocket launcher if you want.

I’m listening

Uhh… You shouldn’t have said that.

@GreatHeroJ, mind if I gently murderized sidetrack your post real quick for my super awesome no flaws idea of a zombo rocket launcher?

Just make a separate post, and put a link here.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.