Teleporter not working in multiplayer

Hey there, I’ve been having issues with my teleporter, but only in multiplayer.
The code is simple, it’s just a reused Germany control A & B that require all coils. It works great in singleplayer, here’s what the control A looks like (B is only different from A because it points to the other spawnpoint)

However it does not work in multiplayer, on seemingly any server.
The logs of the server say the following :
[5/26/2023 1:27:33 PM] [Error] Unable to reward NPC teleport because Lab was obstructed.
[5/26/2023 1:27:51 PM] [Error] Unable to reward NPC teleport because Lab was obstructed.
[5/26/2023 1:28:04 PM] [Error] Unable to reward NPC teleport because Lab was obstructed.
[5/26/2023 1:28:09 PM] [Error] Unable to reward NPC teleport because Lab was obstructed.
[5/26/2023 1:28:39 PM] [Error] Unable to reward NPC teleport because Lab was obstructed.
It only says NPC because at first I had used NPCs, I learned how to asset bundle just a few days ago.

Here’s the outside and inside of the teleporter exit.
So I am wondering why Elver and Germany work on multiplayer, but not mine. All our teleporter objects have destinations that aren’t “obstructed” whatever that may mean.

Here’s another image of what the spawnpoint is.
So, any ideas? Thank you.

1 Like

Are the teleporter locations somewhere “weird”, e.g. out-of-bounds or under the map’s terrain? Do the teleporters work in multiplayer if you move them somewhere else?

2 Likes

They’re out of the map, under the terrain. They haven’t been successful in any tests in multiplayer.

Does it work if you use different objects instead, or raise the teleport locations into the air? Can you elaborate slightly on what other things you tried?

E.g., have you just tried to do a simple teleport without the coils, or any objects nearby, etc.? (Just the bare minimum needed to teleport, basically.)

Here’s a better view of where the teleporter is, for reference.

Aircraft carrier to mark where it is.
I have before, in a basic NPC teleport dialogue reward and on a different map, wherein the teleporter was just a few meters away, and it had worked fine.

If the teleporter isn’t working when it’s out-of-bounds and/or under the map terrain, you may need to configure your map a bit differently. IIRC/off-the-top-of-my-head you may need to disable legacy clip borders to add your own, or change the underground whitelist.

That might be it, I’ll fiddle with the legacy borders.

1 Like

I was trying to tell the Gadsen creator but I couldn’t sense I’m banned from Steam unturned themes and can’t really comment or share bugs or feedback on anything also nice map my guy!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.