The current status of the serverlist

Noooo people cannot play the game how they want to. They are being exploited and are making choices that are not in their own best interest.

1 Like

Players who buy in and even players who continue to play are support.

I want to play on a server where I can skip half the game by paying 40 bucks. “There is no competition” says the man who staffed servers that are literal competition. Theres a giant list of servers. Theres plenty of choices.

Nonsense. Paying a youtuber to play on your server is no different than any advertisement with a celebrity in it.

Likewise. Almost like both of us are literally only stating opinions and none of it is fact. Lots of people in this forum are big fans of “debunking” opinions it seems.

Yee haw brother

No matter how few, if the playerbase wanted these options, theyd take them. My prediction: The p2w serverlist will still be full and the non p2w serverlist will get smaller than it was before.

Absolutely a niche. Its a literal genre, a category, differing from the basegame very specificly. Thats niche. Typing anything in the search bar is not the top of the serverlist. Thats the top of the niche.

Been saying that the whole time. P2W servers are popular because people actually enjoy playing on them.

Problems pertaining to any server regardless of being p2w or not.

False, empty servers show a surplus. “Servers” as a whole arnt in demand. And if people are really shopping for non p2w servers, they would actually find them.

2 Likes

If that’s the case then fair enough, but the argument about the percentages of players who do and those who don’t has already been addressed in the LFC post about the repeatable purchases ban, then again, that comes second.

Then you are part of the miniscule minority which wants to.

There’s no real, threatening competition. That’s what I meant. The owners of P2W servers do not worry about any competition because they know most of what could be perceived as much is likely to die in a month or two. See reasons why in the same comment. Their position is so cemented they have become comfortable of doing nothing and receiving income from their servers without needing to actively try and improve them.

You can’t just respond to any argument with “nonsense”. Especially not this one. Nylex himself agreed in the town hall interview Youtube videos are the main driving factors for new players to come onto his server. Whether they’ll stay or not, is a totally different story, but as long as he keeps making videos, it will keep on attracting new players at the same rate it loses older ones.

They did, when Unturned P2W wasn’t so cemented, like in 2017/18, and whenever opportunities arose with servers like Metrix, and will probably take the chance to enjoy a non flawed experience if it is presented to them in the coming months after the ban takes effect.

Again, no, if players did enjoy these servers so much, they’d have much bigger inner, active communities, but instead, they rely almost exclusively on new players. (I personally believe the number of veteran players active on one/any of these servers at any given time is less than 20% of the server’s player capacity)

This, plus all the publicity and lack of real competition are the reasons behind their apparent popularity, but since I’ve explained this enough times already and you just keep jumping over the arguments I’ll just stop even trying after this time.

Specifying the genre is important. A surplus of what? Vanilla and kit pvp servers? Because that’s most of what the empty servers are, and these genres have more to do with Unturned’s vanilla gameplay, which is, quite frankly, rather stale, than they have with anything else. When it comes to other genres, it could be any of the reasons I previously gave or even a combination of them.

If you weren’t talking about genre, but instead about quality, allow me to remind you for the last time that most Unturned players, due to their age, can be driven to join a server for pretty much any reason with the right publicity, even servers which offer piss poor experiences. Something which sometimes the owners themselves admit. Two examples: Brad (owner of Brad’s RP) basically admitted that his server was less about the gameplay experience, IE the roleplay, than it was about the community having fun, a community which most of the time isn’t even moderated efficiently and that is probably one of the most toxic on Unturned, so you can take a wild guess as to how enjoyable his server really boils down to be at the end, and why he has to get a youtuber to keep making videos on it to attract new players. Second example is Nylex, when I made a review of his server, he took me into a VC and agreed that many of the things I discussed, such as the lack of clear direction in the staff team, moderation, and actually fun jobs were indeed problems that had to be fixed, all the while both him and I understood that due to his fanbase, at the end of the day, it didn’t really matter to the players (whom, and he admitted this himself, were and are very young) of the server if anything really changed as long as he kept making videos to push more of them to play (but that he was going to try and improve nonetheless) as long as they kept believing that they had a chance to meet him or participate in the RP videos.

By this definition anything can be a niche if taken out of its context and its timeframe. WW2 is still based on the vanilla game, it only differs in how the PvP experience is enhanced and organized. If something loses its popularity, it obviously becomes a niche, but when a genre is still very much popular, such as WW2 on Metrix during its last year of operation, that does not make them a niche during that particular timeframe. Hell, someone could make a argument that in 2019 Vanilla servers became a niche, despite them being based on the core game, due to the lack of interest from the wave of players whom only cared about RP or creative PvP. A genre doesn’t become a niche with the snap of a finger. There are steps and reasons to why a genre can rise or fall, and there’s probably a better definition than just simply “becoming a niche” to call the process by.

If someone brings forward numbers for his opinion then anyone who can prove those numbers incorrect can without problem say it’s a debunking of the argument those numbers were used for. I will agree though, that this word has been thrown around too much.

If that’s the case then we can lay down our arms, because frankly I can see I ain’t getting anywhere with you.

2 Likes

noooo peasants cant just keep participating in feudalism because im a chad and I know that feudalism is bad and we should replace it with a better system that benefits everyone instead of the rich kings nooooooooooooo

Feudalism is actively threating participants. People playing on a server you don’t like does not compare. Stop comparing the two, it does not work.

1 Like

Is not what you think, yes more people that play Unturned actually want more servers like that and its absolutely wrong, but NOT the real Unturned consistent people wanna have this types of servers!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.